Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goalkeeper on Trial

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
My major critiscism of Kuipers is that he makes the easy run of the mill everyday saves look like world class by rolling around the 6 yd box in order to impress the fans and be a fans favourite. This was first pointed out to me by MA when I once suggested to him that MK had saved us during a game. To quote the great man 'that is what he is paid for and if he didnt make those sort of saves he wouldnt be in the team'. His distribution is appalling as he doesnt know when or where to kick or even occassionally throw the ball out to start an attack. His punching of crosses is only 50% successful. He doesnt use his strength or weight to get to balls that are crossed from the wings to thus dominate his 6yd box.

He may not have been responsible for the 2 goals against Bournemouth, although I would have expected him to have reacted better but he was equally responsible with El Abd and Lynch for the 2 headed goals against Millwall when any one of the 3 could have taken command and dealt with the crosses, he stayed on his line and justy watched them go in. I didnt go to Yeovil but am told that 1 of their goals came asa result ofa bad punch as I have highlighted above.

Finally he isnt and never will be as good as Henderson who was forced out of the club by morons who didnt like their favourite getting justified stick.

I think that we need another keeper who is better than MK and make him the back up, a 28 + year old central midfielder with 8 or 10 years league experience. Marc Bircham or similar, and the same criteria for a strike partner to Forster with the addition of being over 6ft tall.

QPR are buying players what about the players that they are replacing in the Championship.
If you think Mich was responsible for the third goal against Millwall then you either haven't seen it on TV etc or you don't know what your talking about, he jad absolutley no chance of getting to that cross, it was headed from about 7 yards out after being cut back across him, he would have needed to be Superman to have got there.

gjh1971

May 7, 2007
The second goal at Yeovil was a result of Kuipers attempting to punch the ball away (which he missed) and then collided with Lynch. The first Bournemouth goal, Kuipers wandered to clear the ball from a scramble which two defenders were also clearing, thus leaving the goal wide open. I could go on.....

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
f***ing ridiculous. We have lost three key players and in all cases the replacements are nowhere near as good. If Wilkins then wastes some of the money he has to use on a goalkeeper (when we already have a perfectly good one) instead of replacing ALL of those gone, then he's a MUG.

Kuipers hasn't been that convincing lately....ermm Yeovil anyone?

brightonbear

Jan 2, 2008
The second goal at Yeovil was a result of Kuipers attempting to punch the ball away (which he missed) and then collided with Lynch. The first Bournemouth goal, Kuipers wandered to clear the ball from a scramble which two defenders were also clearing, thus leaving the goal wide open. I could go on.....

There were a number of faults in the first Bournemouth goal, Dean Hammond not picking up the guy at the far post, about 3 players failing to clear the ball at the far post, Butts not stepping onto the guy who scored but of course it's easy to blame Mich as he's the most visible. As for the second goal at Yeovil, yes he was at fault for the punch but you've all failed to mention David Martot who the ball fell to, he tried to pass it instead of hooking it for a thorw in and gave it away to the lad who finished well.

But I love how all you "experts" who fialed to pick up on the first goal where if he had stood up when the guy shot he would have saved it, but as he say's he's entitled to one bad game in 23ish

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I don't know owt about this Swedish keeper, but I imagine if the club decided to sign him, he wouldn't exactly cost a fortune, nor be on massive wages, therefore it wouldn't be a huge gamble.

So, what if he turned out to be better than Kuipers?

I know that's hard to comprehend for some on here, but it remains a possibility.

I just think we're in danger, mainly because of past issues with Henderson, but also because of the FDM's affectionate link with the promotion winning sides of 2001 & 2002, of casting a shadow over any and every keeper we sign for the foreseeable future.

Which is most unfair. If Wendy signs someone, FFS support him, don't hound him out purely for the crime of not being Michel Kuipers.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Why the f*** do we keep on about signing a keeper when supposedly we have a brilliant ex-youth keeper in Sullivan who just isn't being given the slightest chance to show his ability in the 1st team....if i were him i would look elsewhere

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
If you think Mich was responsible for the third goal against Millwall then you either haven't seen it on TV etc or you don't know what your talking about, he jad absolutley no chance of getting to that cross, it was headed from about 7 yards out after being cut back across him, he would have needed to be Superman to have got there.

The first 2 goals against Millwall were headers the 3rd was a penalty, comceeded by Kuipers, I think although didnt have a clear view from the other end. If we assume that you have got the last 2 mixed up as you say it was about 7yds out from the goal, the little area is 6 yds so, using your words it was just outside of that box and not as far out as the penalty spot, exactly the area a goalkeeper should be commanding and controlling.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Top Stuff.

Blaming Kuipers for clearing the ball after El-Abd's shocking backpass, brilliant

I am not blaming Kuipers for that just passing comment that had he been fractionally later clearing up El Abds mistake he would have got a red card FACT. He is exposed like that quite often so a red card is going to happen sooner or later, through no fault of his own.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
The first 2 goals against Millwall were headers the 3rd was a penalty, comceeded by Kuipers, I think although didnt have a clear view from the other end. If we assume that you have got the last 2 mixed up as you say it was about 7yds out from the goal, the little area is 6 yds so, using your words it was just outside of that box and not as far out as the penalty spot, exactly the area a goalkeeper should be commanding and controlling.

I suggest you watch Millwalls second goal again, im not his biggest fan and there was NOTHING he could do about it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Why the f*** do we keep on about signing a keeper when supposedly we have a brilliant ex-youth keeper in Sullivan who just isn't being given the slightest chance to show his ability in the 1st team....if i were him i would look elsewhere

He is still very young and hasn't looked that good in the reserve games that I have seen.

It is interesting to note that in The Championship we had Ross Flitney on loan from Fulham, who was also young, since then he has been to Barnet and is now at Grays in the Conference.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here