• Goal

Votes: 262 60.9%
  • No goal

Votes: 168 39.1%

• Total voters

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Should have been given, relieved it wasn't. There's too much grass between line and ball for it not to be a goal. I'd be more than a bit miffed had it happened at the other end.
I thought this in real time and even more convinced after seeing the replays. We had a lucky escape with that one, cheers Lino :)

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
No goal, a couple of offsides given against us were not offside, Bruno should have had a second yellow, Foristieri could have gone also. Plenty of game changing decisions for the officials to make, all quite narrow margins and subject to opinion still, even after reviewing video.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Wow I'm just amazed 70% of u cannot grasp the rule. As bold seagull says the only 2 bad decisions from the Lino were 2 offsides that were given against us. Barnes in first half and ward in second.

Ps some people need to go on a football education course!

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
Not sure you can tell. Don't mistake a gap between the ball and the line as an indicator of a goal. It's not. That gap can exist and the whole of the ball NOT be over the line. The only angle to make a definitive decision is the one from the above and the Sky cameras have showed that it wasn't as 'obvious' from that angle. I reckon there might be millimetres in it either way.

You'd be right if the ball hadn't been rolling along the ground, but it was. Goal. what a let off.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
The save by Kuzczsak immediately after was the best by either keeper. Low down to his right and more difficult than Almunia's two that came at easy heights.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
I'm puzzled why so many people think the side on view shows no goal with such certainty ???

The still is no clearer than the front on view as the camera is not inline with the goal. If it was then the touchline would be in the centre of the still. Only then could we tell with any certainty if the ball crossed the line. As it happens I think it should have been a goal.

EDIT - I'll add ( and find it hard the believe I'm going to type this ), it shows how hard it is to be an official given we can't even agree with the help of stills !

Last edited:

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
nytugy4y.jpg

I voted goal - but realise there is room for doubt, especially from this photo.

But after that massive deflection in the first half after 4 minutes, we deserved a break.

From where I was sitting - south stand - the other goal line clearance later on after Forestieri(?) hit the post was more dubious, but that didn't even touch the line, let alone cross it, so what do I know.

Thoroughly enjoyed it last night, despite travel problems getting there (Mill Road Park and Ride), which I guess were inevitable and relatively(?) under control.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Why are so many people just point blank refusing to take what the actual RULE is into account?

Not a goal, if you understand the rules you'll understand why.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
Is the question 'are you a bit thick?' Because the rule states that the WHOLE of the ball must cross the line, from the side on shot it shows that quite clearly the whole ball does not cross the line. The other angle is completely useless, as demonstrated by the vine posted above.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Referee final decision

I think the ball was probably over the line, but it would need goal-line technology to be sure. Unsure = no goal.

100% NO GOAL. Referee did not give it.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
The side on shot was not exactly in line with the goal line though. Its a false angle

A false angle compared to what? The other angle provided? It's the closest to being in line as possible, but you'll take evidence from a completely deceiving angle over that... Right.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here