Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goal of the Season - The contenders.....

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
What would your goal of the season be?

I have selected 10 of the best:

1. Will Buckley vs Doncaster (2nd goal)

2. Vicente vs Ipswich

3. Calderon vs Bristol City

4. Harley vs Peterborough

5. Buckley vs Newcastle

6. Sparrow vs Southampton

7. CMS vs Leeds (1st goal)

8. Barnes vs Ipswich

9. Vicente vs Portsmouth

10. Hoskins vs Cardiff

Out of all of those I would pick Calderon v Bristol City, a real fizzer.

Chamberpot

Jan 5, 2010
Calderon v Bristol city as well for me. How about another contender? Buckley's first goal against Peterborough when he took that free kick and lobbed their keeper? That was a great goal!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Yes Calderon v Bristol and Harleys free kick stand out

But for simplicity and to show just how easy it is CMS v Ipswich was a personal favourite

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
I think Harley's deserves a mention. Fabulous free kick

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Buckley vs Newcastle? The deflection was so bad they eventually gave it as an own goal! Surely lua lua at Liverpool deserves a mention

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Calderon v Bristol city as well for me. How about another contender? Buckley's first goal against Peterborough when he took that free kick and lobbed their keeper? That was a great goal!

Unintentional.

Bring back Bryan wade!!

Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Buckley vs Newcastle? The deflection was so bad they eventually gave it as an own goal! Surely lua lua at Liverpool deserves a mention

Yes Kaz at Anfield is a good shout, Buckleys was more about the run and the fact he covered two thirds of the pitch before scoring.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If Harley's free kick had been taken by Vicente everyone would be voting for it. Goal of the season by a mile - better than Beckhams free kick against Greece in 01.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Buckleys 2nd goal against Doncaster , great defence splitting pass from noone for Buckley to run onto and produce a great finish to cue scenes of hysteria for our 1st win at the Amex . A goal and moment I shall treasure for years to come

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Buckley versus Newcastle a marginal leader, but Vicente against Ipswich was special. But I also liked Navarro to Macca against Sunderland (until Navs he said he just hit the cross blindly). Also Ashley Barnes against Ipswich (although it is debatable if the curl he put on the ball is not a standard skill nowadays).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here