Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GOAL MUSIC: Sign here if you DO want it!

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
If the club want to fill the stadium and embrace more supporters and look at a more family audience it's a good idea, anything that improves families and youngsters overall experience around the game, eg mascots, face painting, stilt walkers etc can only be a good thing, as it will encourage them to come back.

I would be in favour of each player having their own music for when they score, for example you could have:

Murray - Been Around the World and I Can't Find my Baby
Lua Lua - It's a Kind of Magic
Sparrow - The Birdie Song

etc

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
How about we have a brass band waiting primed at pitchside, or maybe in one of the empty corners, waiting to storm onto the pitch when a goal is scored, and march round the centre-circle playing the theme from Airwolf ?

Players celebrating the goal should be encouraged to interact with band members, perhaps mimicking the trumpet player, hijacking the cymbals, or openly fellating one of the trombones.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
That's a fair point, I took my six year old nephew to his first game on saturday Vs MK Mongs & I think he would really have been swept along with such a response to a goal. I absolutely understand why it is so villified but perhaps in the Family Stand it might well have a good effect without bothering all & sundry.

I was amused when he asked me when the commentator was coming on, due to his only ever watching football on TV he didn't realise that you didn't get the same at the ground! Then it did start to make an idea form, would it be possible for this to occur transmitted via earphones to those who wished to have such a service. Is it available for the blind? (I'd hope so otherwise there would be no point in them attending, assuming we have a few blind supporters. Sometimes I'm sure some would have envied their prospective during the dark years!)

Anyway, I'm a maybe but not for all parts of the ground.

There is commentary on every game via BBC Sussex, so you would only need a small radio and earphones.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I also think the players should have a choreographed celebration. None of this random hugging or running with fists pumping towards an ecstatic crowd - that's all far to primeval and not the sort of thing that should be encouraged in modern football.

I think the players should all go to the centre circle and do a proper dance whilst we all stay in our seats and sing the 'goal song' and wave our foam fingers and cuddly seagulls.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Doesn't bother me either way.

matt

Mar 19, 2007
Fireworks when we get a corner and Village People's YMCA when we score a goal please.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Yes, music, Tom Harke or something else cheesy and Brighton related,......

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
how about we have a brass band waiting primed at pitchside, or maybe in one of the empty corners, waiting to storm onto the pitch when a goal is scored, and march round the centre-circle playing the theme from airwolf ?

Players celebrating the goal should be encouraged to interact with band members, perhaps mimicking the trumpet player, hijacking the cymbals, or openly fellating one of the trombones.

tromboner.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
mmmmmmmeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

der de de de deeeeer de de de de deeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Can we do a "Sussex" and have dancing girls in knickers gyrating everytime the ball goes outside of it's boundaries

they'll be KNACKERED doing that for us :thumbsup:

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
If the club want to fill the stadium and embrace more supporters and look at a more family audience it's a good idea, anything that improves families and youngsters overall experience around the game, eg mascots, face painting, stilt walkers etc can only be a good thing, as it will encourage them to come back.

I would be in favour of each player having their own music for when they score, for example you could have:

Murray - Been Around the World and I Can't Find my Baby
Lua Lua - It's a Kind of Magic
Sparrow - The Birdie Song

etc

I don't mean to be out of order, but that's the bentest thing I've ever read.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the thing is football is no longer the domain of us oldies and traditionals....that is the truth of the matter.

we are desparate to fill the ground with families...that is obvious, and everything about standing/swearing/noise etc alludes to that, therefore give the kids something that they recognise.ie music! If it gets people jumping around, what is the harm.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
the thing is football is no longer the domain of us oldies and traditionals....that is the truth of the matter.

we are desparate to fill the ground with families...that is obvious, and everything about standing/swearing/noise etc alludes to that, therefore give the kids something that they recognise.ie music! If it gets people jumping around, what is the harm.

porkypie

On the road to no where
Oct 31, 2009
Button Moon

So good you said it twice!:laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here