• Not bothered one way or the other, frankly

Votes: 10 7.8%

• Total voters

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
LANGDON SEAGULL said:
Whats equally as bad is at Palace when they only annouce the first name of a scorer and the crowd shout the surname, an idea nicked from Germany. Fortunately we didnt have to hear it this season.

I quite enjoyed it the time before when they scored and it was disallowed. The PA guy obviously wasn't watching the game and started with the "The scorer of Palace's second goal: Tony" and nothing from the palace fans, followed by absolute derision from the Albion fans :lolol:

On a similar theme, anyone fancy having a foghorn noise when we get a corner a la lincoln? Nope, thought not!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
No, it is the height of naffness, which is something the men of Sussex certainly aren't.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Rocket man wasn't stopped as he was never caught.
He gave up voluntarily because he nearly set fire to Brighton b0y in E block.

I still think he should come back though.

Come on Rocket man we need you.
:clap2: :clap2:

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Commander said:
I cannot belive anyone has actually voted 'yes'. Idiots.

:wave: :wave:

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
We could have "Once in a Lifetime" for whenever we score...

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
edna krabappel said:
Make the most of Withdean being one of the last goal-music-free outposts in the Football League.

When we move to Falmer it'll no doubt be giant foam hands, cheerleaders, big furry mascots and Pigbag all the way, so enjoy it while you can

;)

Pigbag!I hated it when QPR kept playing it against us last two years ago.We conceded four goals up there in all competitions and they had a weird guy with a drum and is celebratory dance was hilarious.We started singing 'the bell,you're worse than Pompeys bell'

Dave the OAP

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I think he ought to play

" Things can only get better"

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So one-third of us don't mind a music-after-goals type celebration scenario?

That is just plain SHOCKING. I am shocked and appalled. Shocked and appalled and disappointed. No, I'm shocked and appalled and disappointed and shocked. This is a DISGRACE What IS the world coming to? It's just shocking. And disgraceful.

:down:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Music during the game is something I detest.

Christ, if fans can't make enough noise when their team scores what hope is there?

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I hope we never have music after goals. It is just meant to wind opposing fans up. Even in a quiet stadium with no atmosphere you should be able to create some noise after scoring.

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
edna krabappel said:
For all the people who said yes:

think of all the great goalscoring moments in the Albion's history.

Think of Cullip winner against Chesterfield. That sheer, exploding joy, the feeling of the Albion really being back at last, the triumph of having conquered the cheats, the in-your-face schadenfreude towards Nicky Law. It went on for ages.

How could that POSSIBLY have been improved by some goon in the DJ box sticking Kool & The Gang's "Celebrate" on, five seconds after the ball hit the net?

All music does is dilute the moment, reduce the crowd noise from a lengthy, ecstatic, roof-lifting cheer followed by piss taking of the opposition, to a brief "Hurrah!", followed instantly by pantomime applause to the sound of Pigbag.

It's crap, it's embarrassing, it's Reading, it's the aural equivalent of giant foam hands, it's another step down the road of turning football into a recording of Gladiators.

We are one of the few clubs that doesn't have music: I say we stand up for that proud right!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :bowdown: :bowdown: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Edna - post of the day.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Basically i'm apparently the only one who has had the balls to admit i think it would be good!.. I'm MASSIVELY outnumbered though, so I will stand down and respect democracy and the majority vote.

I look forward with intrepidation to my next controversial statement, and the subsequent dog's abuse that I received in my private messages.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here