Votes: 88 68.8%
  • Not bothered one way or the other, frankly

Votes: 10 7.8%

• Total voters

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
fake slim said:
How could 14 people vote yes?

I'm assuming (maybe hoping) that fans of Palarse and other clubs that come on here that have to make do with plastic atmospheres are the ones voting YES.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
I don't mind admitting I voted yes... what's the big deal? So long as fans were consulted as to what music was played I don't see any problem with it whatsoever...

...or maybe i'm a bit kinky and just like being flamed and slagged off!?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
GOSBTS every time we score.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
people won't complain we hardly ever score goals to have to play the music but if we did score we could play congratulations by Sir Cliff :jester:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
For all the people who said yes:

think of all the great goalscoring moments in the Albion's history.

Think of Cullip winner against Chesterfield. That sheer, exploding joy, the feeling of the Albion really being back at last, the triumph of having conquered the cheats, the in-your-face schadenfreude towards Nicky Law. It went on for ages.

How could that POSSIBLY have been improved by some goon in the DJ box sticking Kool & The Gang's "Celebrate" on, five seconds after the ball hit the net?

All music does is dilute the moment, reduce the crowd noise from a lengthy, ecstatic, roof-lifting cheer followed by piss taking of the opposition, to a brief "Hurrah!", followed instantly by pantomime applause to the sound of Pigbag.

It's crap, it's embarrassing, it's Reading, it's the aural equivalent of giant foam hands, it's another step down the road of turning football into a recording of Gladiators.

We are one of the few clubs that doesn't have music: I say we stand up for that proud right!

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Make the most of Withdean being one of the last goal-music-free outposts in the Football League.

When we move to Falmer it'll no doubt be giant foam hands, cheerleaders, big furry mascots and Pigbag all the way, so enjoy it while you can

;)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I cannot belive anyone has actually voted 'yes'. Idiots.

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Whats equally as bad is at Palace when they only annouce the first name of a scorer and the crowd shout the surname, an idea nicked from Germany. Fortunately we didnt have to hear it this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here