Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

GOAL: Crystal Palace 0-1 Southampton: K Jones (2)

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
Perry Milkins said:
Come come..the Saintly scummers must have been a bit good.

They looked pretty decent - a young black lad (Dyer?) was very good and tricky. The front two, Rasiak and Ken-Jones, also looked handy. Pele's not bad either!

That said - we were clueless from 1-11. Need to sort it out before Saturday or I'll be pretty miserable at Carrow Road.

Brighton unlucky last night? Looks like mid-table (at best) for us both.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
paulie said:
They looked pretty decent - a young black lad (Dyer?) was very good and tricky. The front two, Rasiak and Ken-Jones, also looked handy. Pele's not bad either!

That said - we were clueless from 1-11. Need to sort it out before Saturday or I'll be pretty miserable at Carrow Road.

Brighton unlucky last night? Looks like mid-table (at best) for us both.

Was Pele pulling the strings?

Can't say we were unlucky slack marking at home against 10 men. Youthful exuberance and inexperience maybe.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
DAMANCLAY said:
The thing with that is we would be happy with Mid table, Palace wouldn't.

Wrong.

Most Palace fans were predicting 8-10 this season and that's where we will finish. New manager, lost a lot of talent to the Prem, young squad - the chairman might make noises about promotion but the fans will be happy with a season of development.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
paulie said:
Wrong.

Most Palace fans were predicting 8-10 this season and that's where we will finish. New manager, lost a lot of talent to the Prem, young squad - the chairman might make noises about promotion but the fans will be happy with a season of development.

Gotta take issue there..the Palace feeling (from my many contacts) was that Taylor was the returning messiah and all the other teams wouild be watching Palace's dust.

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
paulie said:
Wrong.

You lot have spunked a fair few quid on new talent haven't you? Kuqi, Scowcroft and Cort and probably others I haven't noticed for a sizeable amount of money, from a coupld of Palace supporting mates they expect at least Play-offs.

paulie

Jul 27, 2004
DAMANCLAY said:
You lot have spunked a fair few quid on new talent haven't you? Kuqi, Scowcroft and Cort and probably others I haven't noticed for a sizeable amount of money, from a coupld of Palace supporting mates they expect at least Play-offs.

Perhaps, DC. I've been going too long and veer towards pessimism. Wasn't expecting much this year - and not disappointed on last night's showing.

You use the word 'talent' in the broad context. Funnily enough the much-maligned Scowcroft has looked the pick of the bunch.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
paulie said:
Perhaps, DC. I've been going too long and veer towards pessimism. Wasn't expecting much this year - and not disappointed on last night's showing.

You use the word 'talent' in the broad context. Funnily enough the much-maligned Scowcroft has looked the pick of the bunch.

and Shefki?

Last edited:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
paulie said:

Fair point.

Ive heard that Scowcroft is the pick of the bunch, Although apparently he has the touch of a Rapist.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here