Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Go on the huddersfield!!

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Are you not helping perpetuate this alledged smugness with your own signature? Not a dig - just an observation. Don't call me any naughty names beginning with "c".

That is just a quote from Four Four Two magazine. I am not about to call you anything, as I think that you actually seem a decent football supporter. Unlike other Stains supporters on here. At least you round off your posts with an opinion, and don't give it the big un.

*note to self, stop being nice to stains fans until after tomorrow*

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
If you think we've been impressive in gaining 93 points so far this season, Saints fans, wait until you see us raise our game by 10-20% tomorrow, as every other team apparently does when playing you :lolol:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
1978 ? wtf? stupid f***ing cunts. f*** off !
Have I accidentally gone to the SCC webshite?

If you don't like the views of fans on this forum, perhaps you should go on the SCC forum

Social Sausage

Apr 17, 2011
Right, I think this is going to be my last message as it's clearly a waste of time being on here and trying to engage in intelligent dialogue or banter. What a humourless, ungracious bunch of pompous some of you saddo’s are. Look at your board, full of anti-Saints threads. Quite frankly, it’s pathetic.

You accuse us of arrogance, yet this board is full of it. It's vile, actually. Yes, you won the league and yes, you've got a great new stadium to move into... but I suggest you take a little look at yourselves before you get twisted up in your own self-delusion and irrational hatred of teams.

Some of the laughable suggestions of transfer targets on here are hilarious. Owen Hargreaves, PMSL. And we’re arrogant and delusional. Yeah, ok.

Yes, our manager said some silly things; no big deal. Yet you've contrived to twist every word he's said since into anti-Brighton. Yes, we've got two of your ex-players who, rightly or wrongly, moved on. Our chairman states his ambition is to eventually get back to the Premier League and he’s arrogant too.

Like it or not, I've no doubt many "smaller" teams have relished playing Southampton, or at least coming to St. Mary's and performing in front of considerably bigger crowds than they're traditionally used to. Cortese says this, and, shock horror, that he would like us to get back to the Premier League and we're arrogant? Some of the threads on here could easily be perceived as arrogant and considering you've achieved sod all yourself in your illustrious existence, you've nothing to shout about either.

The incessant whinging about the guard of honour, perceived lack of respect and constant pleading for our adulation (even though, like I’ve said a thousand times before) you’ve been the better team and deservedly won. Well done - for the final time. Now shut the f*** up.

I used to like you lot but Christ, it’s quite sad that you’ve won the league and many of you on here still concentrate all of your attention on hating a local club. It’s amazing how many of you have pigeon-holed us all into the arrogant bracket without evening bothering to try and speak with us. A sound bite from Adkins and Cortese, a few moronic comments from a few of our fans and all of a sudden we’re the archetypal Leeds-style club with delusions of grandeur. Once again, I'd check your own comments before throwing around that accusation.

If you go through my post you will see I’ve always acknowledged that Saints conduct hasn’t always been perfect but then again, it could be argued that no club’s public conduct ever has.

I’ll very much enjoy you resuming your traditional rivalry with Palace next season – I don’t know how they put up with you all, as few of you can clearly debate rationally or look at things objectively.

To the decent Brighton fans, best wishes; To the rest... I pity you.

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Not only this but can I cast every Brighton fans mind back to 1996 - 2001 when you were in the bottom division. You spend the entire time letting everyone know you were way too big for this division and harping on about how you didnt belong there.

I remember every game in 96-97, you sang "whats it like to see a crowd" to every team you played at the Goldstone, despite the fact you spent most of the season at the bottom of the entire football league.

In those days you had the same arrogance towards teams like Orient as apparently we do now. So just cast your mind back a few years before you start critisising other clubs for recognising they really dont belong in this league.

Last edited:

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
I think some people are taking this SCC stuff too seriously. From my perspective, I know it's rather infantile,but I've mostly enjoyed the banter. It's pretty much the only time in my 46 years of supporting the Albion that we've been able to look down on Southampton, so I've decided to make the most of it! In all likelihood SCC will make it back to the Premiership in the next 3 - 5 years....where we'll be then, I've no idea. Anyway, here's to a great game today, and I hope we've briefed the ballboys!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Right, I think this is going to be my last message as it's clearly a waste of time being on here and trying to engage in intelligent dialogue or banter. What a humourless, ungracious bunch of pompous some of you saddo’s are. Look at your board, full of anti-Saints threads. Quite frankly, it’s pathetic.

You accuse us of arrogance, yet this board is full of it. It's vile, actually. Yes, you won the league and yes, you've got a great new stadium to move into... but I suggest you take a little look at yourselves before you get twisted up in your own self-delusion and irrational hatred of teams.

Some of the laughable suggestions of transfer targets on here are hilarious. Owen Hargreaves, PMSL. And we’re arrogant and delusional. Yeah, ok.

Yes, our manager said some silly things; no big deal. Yet you've contrived to twist every word he's said since into anti-Brighton. Yes, we've got two of your ex-players who, rightly or wrongly, moved on. Our chairman states his ambition is to eventually get back to the Premier League and he’s arrogant too.

Like it or not, I've no doubt many "smaller" teams have relished playing Southampton, or at least coming to St. Mary's and performing in front of considerably bigger crowds than they're traditionally used to. Cortese says this, and, shock horror, that he would like us to get back to the Premier League and we're arrogant? Some of the threads on here could easily be perceived as arrogant and considering you've achieved sod all yourself in your illustrious existence, you've nothing to shout about either.

The incessant whinging about the guard of honour, perceived lack of respect and constant pleading for our adulation (even though, like I’ve said a thousand times before) you’ve been the better team and deservedly won. Well done - for the final time. Now shut the f*** up.

I used to like you lot but Christ, it’s quite sad that you’ve won the league and many of you on here still concentrate all of your attention on hating a local club. It’s amazing how many of you have pigeon-holed us all into the arrogant bracket without evening bothering to try and speak with us. A sound bite from Adkins and Cortese, a few moronic comments from a few of our fans and all of a sudden we’re the archetypal Leeds-style club with delusions of grandeur. Once again, I'd check your own comments before throwing around that accusation.

If you go through my post you will see I’ve always acknowledged that Saints conduct hasn’t always been perfect but then again, it could be argued that no club’s public conduct ever has.

I’ll very much enjoy you resuming your traditional rivalry with Palace next season – I don’t know how they put up with you all, as few of you can clearly debate rationally or look at things objectively.

Good post. This thread typifies this board recently. Whether you like Saints (oh sorry should that be SCC or Scumhampton hohoho) doesn't matter. We are promoted... This obcession some of you have with Saints is frankly embarassing, yes their manager is a bit of a cock- just move on. For the record I'd prefer Hudds to go up because I prefer the away day is better, but I don't all of a sudden have an irrational hatred of Saints, f***ing hell. At least after tommorrow it will all be over (hopefully)

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Must admit I think the posts about Southampton have been way over the top and frankly an embarrassment to us. We clearly can't win with any class.

There is no rivally with Southampton, and I hazzard to guess that at the end of the day when the chips are down they 'quite like' us and vice versa.

Yes, Hammond is a tosser, but that's a separate issue. Yes, the TV coverage makes them out to be the only club south of London, but we just have to live with that. Adkins just talks his team up and is a amusing clown with some of his comments - I suspect it's all mind games - he's certainly wound up the fans, but have they backfired with the players?

Really hope this all ends today. For the record I really don't care who gets promoted with us, but I *shudder* at the thought of not going for a win v Huddersfield just to get one over on SFC. To hold a grudge over a match over 30 years ago is just obsessive, and really needs to be let go.

Anyway, beers in 4 hours and I'm sure a great afternoon lies ahead. 5 - 2 to the albion !!

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Social Sausage. Great post mate and i have to agree with you on the bizarre obsession that some on here have with Saints. I posted on Thursday that i don't care about Saints. Not being rude or disrespectful but our rivals are Palace, the talk that we have seen from Adkins et al is just football. Our slight arrogance has made me feel rather uncomfortable. Yes we have been great this season, but people have short memories...we were shit for ages and we have every chance (like every other team) to be shit again. What will happen is that we will lose our good reputation in one season.

Once this season is over (or even todays game) i think the saints baiting will have died off on here...well i hope so!

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I remember every game in 96-97, you sang "whats it like to see a crowd" to every team you played at the Goldstone, despite the fact you spent most of the season at the bottom of the entire football league.

brilliant. The season we almost went down and every game was like a protest? The season where we boycotted games, took whistles to others, chased Belotti out the ground, invaded the pitch and had fans united? The season where most of us thought we wouldn't have a club to support in the near future?

Oh yes, ofcourse we were all about lording it over other clubs and took out the time to sing songs at them.

Twat.

Be nice to be in the same division as Doncaster Rovers next year (hopefully). Fans and club with a bit of class.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern

sorry, who were you calling pompous? :lol:

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Saints are just another middle-sized club (see also Nottingham Forest, Ipswich Town, BHAFC, Norwich, Sheffield Utd, Cardiff City, Middlesborough, CPFC, Portsmouth etc. etc.) who for some strange reason imagine themselves to be a 'big' club.

gripper stebson

Jul 27, 2004
I think the main issue here is that this season has been so easy that we have had to manufacture rivalries to keep it interesting. The SCC one is a little over the top.

I think we may lose today meaning tomorrow the board will be full of SCC fans telling us they are the better side and Albion fans saying the game didn't matter...

I shall look forward to it!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I think the main issue here is that this season has been so easy that we have had to manufacture rivalries to keep it interesting. The SCC one is a little over the top.

I think we may lose today meaning tomorrow the board will be full of SCC fans telling us they are the better side and Albion fans saying the game didn't matter...

I shall look forward to it!

All depends on what team we play imo. Gus seems to have contradicted himself a couple of times, firstly he said he'd give fringe players a run out and then he said he still wanted us to go for 100 points... If we play fringe players it's obvously a game we don't really give a shit about

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
why do you hate us? we couldn't give a toss about you, other than the fact you're in the same lague as us and were by far the best team and rightly crowned champs.

Well saod..we are the best team and more than deserve to be champions. I hate it that we go on and on about you. I would like someone else to go up because of what adkins has said but we just look stupid creating this big rivalry between us and scc..having said this i, today, will be calling hammond and adkins a wanker just as much as the next person

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
Saints are just another middle-sized club (see also Nottingham Forest, Ipswich Town, BHAFC, Norwich, Sheffield Utd, Cardiff City, Middlesborough, CPFC, Portsmouth etc. etc.) who for some strange reason imagine themselves to be a 'big' club.

Wrong. We think were a middle sized club (eg Coventry, Norwich, Shef Utd, Ipswich, Leicester) etc. But your comment above shows you as being deluded not us, because your not in the same bracket as these clubs. Your a mid to small club, All these clubs (including Saints) have had average crowds over the past few decades of around 20k, not you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here