Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glorious scenes in H Block

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What a day.

I slight queue outisde the Sportsman at 2.15 pm, some smug Sunderland chap in a cocky manner said " I would like to say soory now for the 6 we are gunna put past ye today ".

Left the pub at 2.45 pm and passed yet more smug Sunderland lads and lasses with chants of " howay the lads " echoing out of the Sportsman. Heard many comments of " what a joke this ground is " and " Ay mon , its like a non league club ", their stadium of light smugness was riling me up somewhat. I felt like saying " I know its a shit ground muppet we have been trying to get a stadium for 6 years ".

We played a blinder I tell ya. 5 players had their best games of the season, Carpenter, Butters, Nicolas, Knight ( notw gave him 6 ?! ) and the goalie. Harding motm wtf what that all about ?.

We grafted we overcame and we won. Virgo should never have been sent off, what is Keeley on ?, Sunderland fell victim of the " we only have to turn up to win " attitude, they underestimated the mighty Albion to their cost like so many other clubs have this season.

Gallagher got some strict telling off from me, McCarthy stayed in his box with his tail between his legs and we under the guidance of the God McGhee prevailed to our best performance of the season.

Sunderland had a 400 mile trip to reflect on their arrogance.

Wonderful afternoon.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
We spoke to several Sunderland supporters alongside us in H block and in the pub afterwards and there wasn't any arrogrance at all.

They were friendly and loved talking about football. A family in the pub had travelled from Wales and made a whole weekend of it. Nice people.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I thought they were smug. They have good fans but not as good as the Albion. They have no idea of the battle off the pitch we have had for 6 years and taking the micky out of the ground and demeaning the club does not endear them to me. Sorry I can't join this Sunderland love in.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I speak as I find.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So do I :p

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
I thought Harding played well. He put in quite a few important challenges. Difficult to pick as quite a few had a good game but I wouldn't say he didn't deserve it.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
The Sunderland fans I spoke to enjoyed their day out, were sympathetic to the plight of the club and the desperate need for a stadium, disappointed with their own performaance, but like their manager - and all credit to him - congratulated us for playing them out of the game until the last 20 minutes - and then hanging on!

I'd be very happy to play them every week.

Hove&Albion F.C

May 15, 2004
Gareth Glover said:
I thought they were smug. They have good fans but not as good as the Albion.

There was only 700 (plus the ones in the south stand) there! Im pretty certain Sunderland have rather more fans than that- bit harsh to tar them all as being 'smug'!

colinpants

IT CONSULTANT
Jan 24, 2005
thought the atmosphere was excellent in bloke H this week, have to agree with another thread about the stewards. Didnt even know there was any away fans near us as we sit near yorkie. Excellent game if the results go the right way during the week i think we'll be safe.

Bring on mILLWALL. :clap: :bounce: :flameboun :clap2:

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
Harding got MOM as he put in a much improved performance. Excellent positioning, cleared his lines well and his passing was spot on on most occasions. But picking a mom from a team that all played well is like picking your favourite sexual position - everyone a winner. No thats not the start of a new thread.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Went to the Stadium of Light earlier in the season and I must say That Sunderland fans are amongst the friendliest I have met.

Mind you I wasn't impressed by the Mackem who relieved himself in one of the basins in the Sportsman's Gents then washed his hands in the basin next to it! :ohmy:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Sunderland feel sorry for little Brighton, is that not smug ?. I long for the day when we will be able to play with the same deck of cards as someone like Sunderland. Hardship to their fans is not being able to play " the Toon " in the premiership. They have no idea of the battle we have endured for 10 years.

On the Left Wing

KIT NAPIER
Oct 9, 2003
Wolverhampton
GG .... every club has its twats and smug fans and I guess Sunderland is no different.

I have lived up here for 4 years now (lived here years ago as well) and on the whole never found Sunderland fans as a crowd "smug" - quite the opposite when they support a club only a few miles from smug Newcastle United!

I travelled to the match with 3 mackems (spent the weekend with them) and the ony smug one amongst us was me (on the journey home!)

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The Laughing Bluebird said:
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

And the Sunderland fans are smug?

i am rapidly going off you..

what the f is your problem?

If you dont like Brighton fans then just feck off to your Cardiff boards and be "pithy" with them.

D

Deleted User X18H

What a funny time to post a thread on the match just after the champoinship finished on ITV 1 in fact...................Hmmmmm

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Most of the Sunderland fans I have met have been passionate about their club, knowledgeable about football in general, intensely proud about the area that they come from, not bitter about living in the shadow of a team that has more money and recently somewhat more success.

They are no different to us, are they!

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
I have to say, The sunderland fans are great!

Went to the away trip, no problems with any of em and they know their football. I'd love to see em go up!!

:clap:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here