Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks
I like Murray, I think he's a decent player, but I really don't think he's currently good enough to push a team into the premier league. No way near.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I like Murray, I think he's a decent player, but I really don't think he's currently good enough to push a team into the premier league. No way near.

I agree with you Leon, but I think a move up a division would be the definitive test for him (& us). I personally think a club (like Cardiff) might well take a punt on him soon.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Allowed or a case of too many cooks?

What does Ray Bloom do nowadays? I know he sold off 'The Good Bean' a good few years ago. Does he have a business front?

Ray Bloom's always got fingers in pies.

My understanding is that Tony Bloom isn't allowed to be a director because, and I stand to be corrected here, his profession is 'gambling' and therefore not considered under any 'fit and proper persons' rule.

How that means a corrupt Thai dictator gets to own a Premeirship club with that rule is, I guess, another matter.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
You have to remember that Players and their agents decide where and when signings are made but I think the Championship is above Murray`s ability.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Ray Bloom's always got fingers in pies.

My understanding is that Tony Bloom isn't allowed to be a director because, and I stand to be corrected here, his profession is 'gambling' and therefore not considered under any 'fit and proper persons' rule.

How that means a corrupt Thai dictator gets to own a Premeirship club with that rule is, I guess, another matter.

:D Gambling is a no no, but dictatorships and crimes against human rights are simply frowned upon.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I bought a Ford Anglia from Ray in the late Sixties.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I thought that I read somewhere that Good Bean coffe shops was Ray Blooms wifes and that when it was sold off it owed a good few million pounds, that is why it was sold. I may have been mistaken

Wienergull

Geht in Ordnung
Jul 10, 2003
Berlin Mitte
You have to remember that Players and their agents decide where and when signings are made but I think the Championship is above Murray`s ability.

I think Murray has the ability to play in the Championship, but to prosper there he would have to demonstrate the hunger we saw when he came on as sub at Swindon on a far more regular basis.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
I don't think for one second that the fact Bloom funder Murray's signing will impact on whether we sell him or not.

Surely the money was a gift to the club. We are not talking about some Tevez style third-party ownership.

If a big bid comes in, he will go. Regardless of what Bloom thinks.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I don't think for one second that the fact Bloom funder Murray's signing will impact on whether we sell him or not.

Surely the money was a gift to the club. We are not talking about some Tevez style third-party ownership.

If a big bid comes in, he will go. Regardless of what Bloom thinks.

Um, that's wide of the mark, Bloom is a major funder of the club and is a member of the Board of Directors, what he thinks is actually quite important! I shouldn't imagine that DK would take too many key decisions without speaking to the board first.

Um, that's wide of the mark, Bloom is a major funder of the club and is a member of the Board of Directors, what he thinks is actually quite important! I shouldn't imagine that DK would take too many key decisions without speaking to the board first.

In defence of Lord Large, I don't think that's quite what he meant. Bloom will have his say as a member of the board; however he won't get any additional say just because it was his money that funded the move for Murray.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Every player has a price.

Just whether its a fair one or not.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
THPP is not the biggest fan of Murray, as one or two of the brighter non-COGNOSCENTI may have gathered. But does anyone honestly think there's a club out there willing to gamble anywhere near a million quid for the player? Even if a scout did happen to turn up at a game where Murray looked half-interested and was constantly onside, and was lucky enough to attend one of the few games where his threat wasn't negated by a big semi-skilled defender climbing all over him, would that scout REALLY want to recommend punting a million of his employer's hard-earned quid on the player? Brave man if he did :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here