Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Did you go today?
No i'm to ill.He missed one great chance today.Our comentators said that the Scunny forwards were lively ALL DAY and caused us problems.
Sorry Paul I don't like Murray,he pisses me off.At least Savage made an impact when he came on.Remember Southend? I know Savage can me clumsy but at least the effort is there and he CAUSES problems

MURRAY OUT:censored:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I hardly ever heard Murray's name mention expect when missing chances

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Yes, Murray didn't have a particularly good game today. He wasn't alone in our team in that today though.

Virtually all the stick he seems to get on here has to do with him being lazy. That's complete bollocks IMHO but I can see why people say that.

I still maintain, with others, that he'll be around the 20 goals mark for us this season. Definite asset to the club and hope he doesn't let some of our fans get to him.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
No i'm to ill.He missed one great chance today.Our comentators said that the Scunny forwards were lively ALL DAY and caused us problems.
Sorry Paul I don't like Murray,he pisses me off.At least Savage made an impact when he came on.Remember Southend? I know Savage can me clumsy but at least the effort is there and he CAUSES problems

MURRAY OUT:censored:

Yes, their forwards were very lively today and showed excellent movement that had our defence all at sea.

You're as wrong about Murray though as you are about Islam.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Yes, their forwards were very lively today and showed excellent movement that had our defence all at sea.

You're as wrong about Murray though as you are about Islam.

Well more and more fans are seem to be waking up to how rubbish Murray is.Your avatar is wrong.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Well more and more fans are seem to be waking up to how rubbish Murray is.Your avatar is wrong.

I'm always dubious about the use of the word "rubbish".

Usually a sign of the ill-informed and those too lazy to take time to form a constructive opinion.......which brings me nicely onto your avatar and signature.

If you're too ill to go to games to form a constructive opinion, why not take the time instead to swot up on one of the world's three great monotheistic religions ?.......you might surprise yourself ? :bigwave:

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm always dubious about the use of the word "rubbish".

Usually a sign of the ill-informed and those too lazy to take time to form a constructive opinion.......which brings me nicely onto your avatar and signature.

If you're too ill to go to games to form a constructive opinion, why not take the time instead to swot up on one of the world's three great monotheistic religions ?.......you might surprise yourself ? :bigwave:

Listen son i've alreay explained 100 times why Murray is rubbish before.If you kept up with nsc then you will see why i reckon he is rubbish.Funny how many at Withdean are not not that fond of Murray either.
Not going to bother a debate with you on Islam.More then happy to pm you though about one day of you wish.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Just mt two cents here but I think that Muraay is caught between two camps here. I certainly don't think he;s rubbish, but I do find his attitude frustrating.

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that if he ran round like a headless chicken like Revell he would be a great player, but Murray is a lazy player and at times that can be problematic.

His problem to me is that he doesn't score enough. I can forgive a lazy forward if he can play badl during the match but stick the ball in the back of the net, but it seems to me that Murray isn't really doing that at the moment.

I think Forster is ten times the player Murray is because he works so hard for the team as well as being a great finisher. If you watch when the team is playing badly, Forster is always the one who goes the extra mile to create chances. I'm not talking about running round chasing lost balls (Revell), but it does take a bit of committment to really win the ball, keep it, turn it into a chance, and to me Murray isn't really doing this.

As I said, if Murray could really score it wouldn't be a problem. But he isn't really scoring goals, and when he's not scoring he barely looks like getting a touch. He has a great touch, he's clearly a skillful player, and he has the composure to finish great goals, but I want to see him getting stuck in in the right way to really impose himself on the game and cause the opposition problems. I know that the midfield don't give him much, but if he wants to be a great player then he surely has to start creating problems himself.

Forster will always be underappreciated because he really does work for the team, and he is a crafty, skillful striker. For a 35 year old the amount of work he does is sensational. He's not a headless chicken but he knows how to create chances from nothing and impose himself on the game when the chips are down. If Murray could do this he would be a much better player, and start living up to the potential that we all know he has.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Listen son i've alreay explained 100 times why Murray is rubbish before.If you kept up with nsc then you will see why i reckon he is rubbish.Funny how many at Withdean are not not that fond of Murray either.
Not going to bother a debate with you on Islam.More then happy to pm you though about one day of you wish.

Sorry for not keeping up with nsc.

Think I'll pass on the pm offer, but do keep calling me "son"........I like that :lolol:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I wouldn't take what the Withdean crowd believes too seriously. The away fans seem to like him and they are a better measurement.

Anyone who sees Murray knows he is a class act who might seem lazy sometimes but is a hundred times better than Revell and Savage. It always amuses me that people judge a player on a game when they haven't been.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Get rid.

I am a tired old 46 year old but have more energy than Murray. He looks like a spoilt child on the pitch, sulky, lethargic, slow, lazy, couldn't give a toss. I think his apethy and stinking attitude is spreading through the team and changing rooms like a cancer. I would transfer lits him now as he is damaging the club and the team.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
It seems that ever since Murray signed, there are people ready to have a pop at him rather than give him a chance.

I generally enjoy reading NSC and many of the posts on here, but there is a strong anti-Murray feeling which, for me, is inexplicable.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What is this class act. It keeps being trotted out. There is absolutely no evidence to support that statement. There no point in having alledged talent if you cannot be arsed to even break into a sweat.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Get rid.

I am a tired old 46 year old but have more energy than Murray. He looks like a spoilt child on the pitch, sulky, lethargic, slow, lazy, couldn't give a toss. I think his apethy and stinking attitude is spreading through the team and changing rooms like a cancer. I would transfer lits him now as he is damaging the club and the team.

So let me understand you. You want to transfer list one of our two league one quality strikers just after the transfer window shuts. That has to be one of the most stupid ideas I have ever heard.

Who would you replace him with? Hart, Dixon, Robinson. When Murray gets the service he will thrive. Everyone was poor today but people seem to pick on Murray and Thomson.

The idea that his attitude is spreading throughout the team is laughable.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I believe Murray is damaging the spirit and passion of the club now. 1 goal in 6 , would we really miss him that much anyway. ?. He isn't really very good.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So let me understand you. You want to transfer list one of our two league one quality strikers just after the transfer window shuts. That has to be one of the most stupid ideas I have ever heard.

Who would you replace him with? Hart, Dixon, Robinson. When Murray gets the service he will thrive. Everyone was poor today but people seem to pick on Murray and Thomson.

The idea that his attitude is spreading throughout the team is laughable.

The thing is you say he is a league 1 quality striker I do not agree. His attitude stinks and I would want a team of tryers personally.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Having only seen the home games this season i can only judge Murray on his performances at Withdean.

In all the games he has been provided which shit service in very poor team performances. From what i hear away from home we have passed the ball and been effective, Murray has scored and also had reasonably good performances.

The way we have played at home does not suit Glenn, we need to get the ball wide and get crosses into the box. Until we supply Murray with decent service he does not deserve the crap he is getting, he has proved that when he gets service he scores goals.

Lynch must come in for Elphick who is clearly suffering from 2nd season syndrome, he can tackle and hoof and that seems about it at the moment. With Lynch in the back four we can at least attempt to play the ball from the back. Thomson must be dropped and replaced with.... well quite frankly anyone. Personally unless we sign anyone during the week i would play Cox centre mid with Livermore against Yeovil.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I believe Murray is damaging the spirit and passion of the club now. 1 goal in 6 , would we really miss him that much anyway. ?. He isn't really very good.

1 goal in 6 and at least two assists. The only way we will go up this season is if Murray and Forster get the service but clearly you would rather Murray fails than we go up.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here