Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Wasn't there tonight so can't comment, however I saw a player pick up a second yellow last season for not leaving the field quickly enough when being subbed...that really was stupid!

Oh please shut up Gully.You are very irritating at times.

BlueWhite

Dec 28, 2003
It really proves, as if it needed proving, that we need good forward back up. A new striker and someone to wear that number 10 shirt and we could be on for quite a season.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
Yeah. Forster and Murray, are working really well together at this present time. But the sending off, wasn't nesscarilly espically with the game already won. It gives us a huge gaping hole in the future, if Murray does this or even gets injured. Because we are short of strikers!

your talking shit tonight Kevin

1066gull

In Jake we trust.

Murray will be back on form, just you watch.
(Last season, Ronaldo sent off, for three games suspended and came back and...scored 42 goals).

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Should have subbed him off, really weak sending off hope he learns from this.

Virgo up front Saturday

I think everyone in the ground could see what was going to happen. Glenn was out of sorts and the Barnet players were really winfing him up. Unfortunately Micky's hands were tied by having only one sub left and either Forster or Murray to sub.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
I think everyone in the ground could see what was going to happen. Glenn was out of sorts and the Barnet players were really winfing him up. Unfortunately Micky's hands were tied by having only one sub left and either Forster or Murray to sub.

Yes and so given the situation at the time, he should have taken Murray off. A lot of people could see exactly what was going to happen, and that Murray would walk before the end of the game. Adams should have taken Murray off straight away, end of story.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
Yes and so given the situation at the time, he should have taken Murray off. A lot of people could see exactly what was going to happen, and that Murray would walk before the end of the game. Adams should have taken Murray off straight away, end of story.

adams out?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Are those HINDSIGHT goggles still on offer at Argos then ? I might have to get meself a pair.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Possibly a game to give a second string striker having a decent run out in the second half - particularly if Murray was losing his rag.

I am sure he will learn from it.

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
I will be pissed off by Murray if we don't pick up the 3 points in the game he is missing. Also Mickey may now see that we need a decent back up striker so this could lead to a positive.

And i've already got 'em out Barney before you say it.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
I will be pissed off by Murray if we don't pick up the 3 points in the game he is missing. Also Mickey may now see that we need a decent back up striker so this could lead to a positive.

And i've already got 'em out Barney before you say it.

ah, you know how to do it

:)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It wasn't hindsight. It was patently obvious Murray was gonna walk before the end of the game.

He's not a hothead. I've never seen him make a bad tackle (or even a tackle for that matter). He's not gobby. I'd expect him to deal with a few 4th division mugs winding him up without doing something as ridiculous as picking up a 2nd yellow for kicking the ball away - thats not an unreasonable expectation, given that we were home and hosed anyway.

He'll be embarrassed with himself, and rightly so. And he'll learn from it. But I'm not going to blame Adams for not switching him before it happened. Murray should have been more professional.

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
He's not a hothead. I've never seen him make a bad tackle (or even a tackle for that matter). He's not gobby. I'd expect him to deal with a few 4th division mugs winding him up without doing something as ridiculous as picking up a 2nd yellow for kicking the ball away - thats not an unreasonable expectation, given that we were home and hosed anyway.

He'll be embarrassed with himself, and rightly so. And he'll learn from it. But I'm not going to blame Adams for not switching him before it happened. Murray should have been more professional.

It was mostly Murray's fault, granted.

However I could see it coming, and so could quite a few others sitting near me at the game. There was no hindsight involved! I'm a big fan of MA, but I just feel he made a wrong decision tonight.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Well, I wasn't there (just listening), so I'm not in as good a position to judge as you chaps.
But as a rule, I'd prefer players to take a bit of responsibility for themselves, rather than have to have the manager haul them off and make tactical switches before they get another card.

Didn't Forster have a word with Glenn ? He's the captain, I'd expect him to get involved with exactly this kind of thing to calm him down a bit.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I remember Zamora being sent off at Oldham one time, he was wound up too. It's not right but it happens.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here