Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Completely agree Badge.
He's obviously had a complete brainstorm there. Under the circumstances, I don't think I can recall a more bone-headed sending off. HUGELY frustrating, as the Forster / Murray combo is firing very nicely, now we've got to juggle it for Saturay. Totally unnecessary.

I just hope he learns from it.

Aug 21, 2006
Royal Arsenal
I wasn't there, but my mate who was said he was getting kicked all over the place. No excuse, but it obvisouly got to him, you could tell that from the commentary before the incident as John Byrne noticed it.

No doubt Micky will have had words already!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Silly silly sending off. You could tell he was getting frustrated with decisions not going his way and lots of niggling kicks from the Barnet defence/midfield. I thought that MA was going to replace him, but opted for Forster instead.

Whilst it is costly for him and may prove costly to us, it was not a premeditated action and I am feeling some level of forgiveness. Quite funny when the ref was trying to take down his name and number to put in the book. Perhaps we can claim it was someone expendable. :D

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
Disappointed but everyone makes mistakes. Didn't really think it was worth a booking anyway, or the first one he had.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Murray was getting really frustrated that every decision was going against him, he was getting kicked, headbutted the works, as well as missing chances.

When RObinson was stripped and ready to come on, I immediatley thought Adams was doing the sensible thing and taking off Murray

But he took off Forster, maybe to let Murray get a deserved goal.
Then the incident happened when he was dismissed, and I wasnt entirely sure if he was booked for kicking the ball away or for diving when a hand was raised to him

Stupid thing to do, but its good to see him and Forster striking a great partnership. 2 assists for Forster goals for Glenn this season

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
His body language before the sending off suggested he was unhappy. I think MA might have subbed him had there been any available.

From where I saw it, the ref blew for a foul by Murray that wasn't a foul, Murray tipped the ball away, (it didn't go far), Barnet defender then pushed Murray to the ground, although Murray was a bit Hollywood in the way he went down, and ref waved second yellow at Murray and IGNORED the behaviour of the Barnet defender.

Avoidable--Yes, but when you're pissed off you're pissed off, regardless of the opposition. The tragedy is that Murray and Forster looked sharp together, the flick from GM for Foz's goal was very classy, and whoever plays on Saturday will have a different style which is unlikely to be as good a foil for Foz.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Now I'm a HUGE fan of our Glenn, so I don't wish to carry out too much of a character assassination of him, but his sending off tonight was so irresponsible. Kicking the ball away when 4-0 up against some bottom division fodder is UNFORGIVABLE. Why do it? What is there to gain in that situation? Even if Barnet take a quick free kick, break into our half, and score a screamer do we really care? It was highly immature, and he's let us all down by making himself unavailable for an upcoming match. This stupid act of petulance really casts a shadow over a) his supreme talent, and b) a fantastic win tonight. I wouldn't be angry at him because it's so early in the season, but very disappointed is fair.

Anyone see it differently?

I agree Tom. I feel sorry Murray, he is short of confidence. At the moment by not scoring goals.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Now I'm a HUGE fan of our Glenn, so I don't wish to carry out too much of a character assassination of him, but his sending off tonight was so irresponsible. Kicking the ball away when 4-0 up against some bottom division fodder is UNFORGIVABLE. Why do it? What is there to gain in that situation? Even if Barnet take a quick free kick, break into our half, and score a screamer do we really care? It was highly immature, and he's let us all down by making himself unavailable for an upcoming match. This stupid act of petulance really casts a shadow over a) his supreme talent, and b) a fantastic win tonight. I wouldn't be angry at him because it's so early in the season, but very disappointed is fair.

Anyone see it differently?

Silly but not unforgivable.

4-0 tonight
6-1 for the season so far
Move on

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Bottom line is...Although Murray is responsible for his actions, MA should have taken him off instead of Forster given what happened a few moments earlier.

It was obvious that Barnet were going to try and wind Murray up after the first sending off, therefore he should have been subbed just as a precaution!

I can understand why he got the second yellow. But what about the Barnet player who shoved him in the first place!? He didn't even get booked did he?

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Kev, he's only played 175 minutes of football. "Not scoring goals" seems awfully harsh:lolol:

If he hasn't scored after 6 games then that's maybe a fair statement, but he's looked pretty good in the two games so far.

Yeah. Forster and Murray, are working really well together at this present time. But the sending off, wasn't nesscarilly espically with the game already won. It gives us a huge gaping hole in the future, if Murray does this or even gets injured. Because we are short of strikers!

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Wasn't there tonight so can't comment, however I saw a player pick up a second yellow last season for not leaving the field quickly enough when being subbed...that really was stupid!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here