Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray...wanker

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
He looked like he tried when he came on.

Why acknowledge the fans who had slagged off his partner.

f*** that for a game of soldiers.

Blown out of all proportion springs to mind

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
And how would you feel after being treated so shabbily by this clubs ‘fans’ and I’m not just talking about the recent chants (which would be bad enough if about your wife/girlfriend/partner), for some time people have been posting on here and shouting at the ground that he is ‘crap’ and/or ‘lazy’, even if meant as a joke these chants/posts would have me livid and in no way align me to the clubs ‘fans’.

Exactly. From the very BEGINNING he has been treated like absolute shit by some of our "fans".

He's now repaid that to us. Thanks a lot you utter morons, losing our best player now.

Here's Johnny!

All work and no play.....
Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
Is this the new "Lickergate" and after being driven out a few months later the same fans will be wishing he was back as the replacement isnt good enough?

Shame I want rid of him aswell though!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
We're never going to find another striker as good as Murray from League Two. Or League One, for that matter. Our fans are COMPLETE morons.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
How did Zamora last as long as he did??! He was LAZY, wasn't he? With his lazy goals...

Here's Johnny!

Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
To be fair this didn't all start with the fans becoming abusive towards Murray. Despite not being everyones cup of tea due to his apparently "lazy" style I think all fans were in agreement that he was/is our best player. The real ill feeling started with him handing in a transfer request.

Glenn made his bed and with this kind of behaviour is making it more and more uncomfortable to lay in!

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Personally I could not care if he claps me/us or not - I just want him or any of them to score a bloody goal/win a match

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Why do Brighton fans like HOUNDING out our better players?

I remember everyone saying replacing Hammond would be easy...

It FOXES me why they do it, but they are very DOGGED in their spite. It's not as if Murray's bird is a WAG or anything, and if he puts wanting to be close to her and his kid then it's a shame but that's the end of this sorry TALE.

Albion fans have always preferred roundheads to CAVALIERS, Maybank, McNab, Codner, Towner, Crumplin and many others with silky skills have always taken stick because they didn't run around the pitch for 90 minutes. The only player who got away with it was Peter Ward, and he was booed off the pitch when he came back with Forest at the Goldstone.

Can't be bothered to read through the remaining six pages of this thread, but suffice to say this post and Chesney's are spot on. Murray's actions at the end of the game were a calculated snub to teammates and supporters, I'm not entirely sure he deserves the title "professional" footballer anymore, he is anything but professional.

He got a fantastic reception when he came on, lots of positive chanting, I didn't hear any abuse at all, which makes his behaviour even more disgraceful.

Nail on head. If there was any abuse, it would surely have been drowned out by the loud positive cheering of the majority? The only negative bit I heard was a bit of a boo from the left hand side of the stand (facing the pitch) when he came on, which was greeted by 'f*** off you tards' or words to that effect from the majority of the people where I was on the right. When he approached the stand after the game he got a loud round of applause and deliberately looked away, all after snubbing the team huddle.

Definitely. Up until that point I actually liked Murray. Now he can f*** right off.

Agreed.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
From the Argus

Murray is not doing himself any favours by snubbing supporters in this way but I have some sympathy for his plight.

He is desperate for a move back north due to complicated domestic circumstances which, frankly, are none of our business.

It is also important to bear in mind that he continues to be plagued by hernia problems, despite travelling to Germany for surgery in the latter part of last season

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Nail on head. If there was any abuse, it would surely have been drowned out by the loud positive cheering of the majority? The only negative bit I heard was a bit of a boo from the left hand side of the stand (facing the pitch) when he came on, which was greeted by 'f*** off you tards' or words to that effect from the majority of the people where I was on the right. When he approached the stand after the game he got a loud round of applause and deliberately looked away, all after snubbing the team huddle.

Do you not think it was a slight reaction to roughly 18 months of unwarranted abuse?

Like I said previously, everyone on here who has met him has always said he is a top, top bloke.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Sorry Glenn that's not the transfer request I meant. How's the wife?

So, certain transfer requests are more annoying than others, are they?

He was FORCED TO COME HERE. Why is everyone being so unbelievably thick? No one is remembering any context at all here.

He was forced to come somewhere he didn't want to be, then treated like shit. I'd sure LOVE those fans, wouldn't you?

Brilliant. Give yourselves a pat on the back. You've forced our best player out.

Here's Johnny!

Nov 27, 2008
Worthing
So, certain transfer requests are more annoying than others, are they?

He was FORCED TO COME HERE. Why is everyone being so unbelievably thick? No one is remembering any context at all here.

He was forced to come somewhere he didn't want to be, then treated like shit. I'd sure LOVE those fans, wouldn't you?

Brilliant. Give yourselves a pat on the back. You've forced our best player out.

If he was FORCED to come here, why would he need FORCING to leave? Get a clue Glenn you're not a victim!

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
If he was FORCED to come here, why would he need FORCING to leave? Get a clue Glenn you're not a victim!

He was forcibly sold by Rochdale. They needed the money. That is common knowledge.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
He was forcibly sold by Rochdale. They needed the money. That is common knowledge.

Is it? Don't remember all the will he won't he come here like we had with McNulty.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here