Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray - Utter class act last night

shaun_rc

Feb 24, 2008
Brighton
I think after the lack of celebration it's time to stop booing him really.

I thought he was great last season, though have always trusted that Gus was doing the right thing. In general I still do - after all, look where we've come - but I still feel uneasy about having let him go.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Murray didn't play well until the last 10mins. Misplaced passes, missed chances. But scored a good goal. So not overly impressed. CMS is miles better, also Palace are paying him a stupid wage, he's not worth it. Well done to Gus and Bloom for not giving in to stupid demands.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
He looked a threat all night, did not respond to the abuse, did not celebrate Palace's goals and scored a cracker. Would I like him back? Yes. Yes I would.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Murray didn't play well until the last 10mins. Misplaced passes, missed chances. But scored a good goal. So not overly impressed. CMS is miles better, also Palace are paying him a stupid wage, he's not worth it. Well done to Gus and Bloom for not giving in to stupid demands.

exactly.

First half, what did he do?
Second half up to 70 mins, what did he do?
He wasnt winning headers. He wasn't laying it off properly.

From 70 mins onward he was good and he took his goal well. But hardly worth meeting his demands.

Outshone by Zaha by a MILE

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
His first touch was superb, led the line, brought players into the game with his layoffs. It was just as well he did not have his shooting boots on as it would have been a hat-trick otherwise.

Showed more class than the socially and sexually inadequates giving him abuse.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
For me Barnes is a striker through and through and was asked for most of the game to play as a 5th midfielder out on the right. At times he was spending large parts of the 2nd half at right back covering our coach.

yep, Barnes wasnt AWOL, he was apparently playing as a wing back.

Murray "class act" is a bit far, had an OK game.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
What is wrong with people - Barnes goal scoring record ratio is unbeleiveable. He is a striker and not a midfielder as he was played yesterday and several times this season. IMO we play too deep once we get a lead and invite pressure. We need a plan B eg a glenn murray type striker who can hold the ball up and create flick ons etc and releive pressure. Murray was excellent last night and i always thought a major loss - that hasnt been replaced. CMS and Barnes are great but too small when we are under the kosh. I hope Gus does recognise this and we get someone in on loan - or maybe hoskins is the answer but doesnt seem that big? I am not a hoof it merchant be we need to be versitle - its not taking long for teams to work out how to nullify our passing game.

I am sure we will be fine - in some respects a little reality check is not a bad thing - i am just as dissapointed as all that is had to be against Palace.....

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We need a plan B eg a glenn murray type striker who can hold the ball up and create flick ons etc and releive pressure.

Agree with you, I think we had one though.

I am sure we will be fine - in some respects a little reality check is not a bad thing - i am just as dissapointed as all that is had to be against Palace.....

Again I think you are spot on, and Gus said the same after the game, it was a tragedy it was against Palace though.

matthew

Sep 20, 2009
Ovingdean, United Kingdom
Love him and always did, he's the reason we're in the championship and after the ambuse we gave him not celebrating was truely lovely. I will clap him when we go to Palace.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
His first touch was superb, led the line, brought players into the game with his layoffs. It was just as well he did not have his shooting boots on as it would have been a hat-trick otherwise.

Showed more class than the socially and sexually inadequates giving him abuse.

Rather a ridiculous comment. I think a lot of people who were booing Murray are being big enough, on this and other threads, to concede he conducted himself very well on the night and has gone up in their estimation as an individual (rather than a footballer).

As far as his game is concerned, he played okay, no better - but he isn't fully match-fit yet. When he is, he'll be a fine Championship player, as most sensible judges believed he would be.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Completely disagree. Squandered a number of very good chances. Holding up ability, yeah, good, but as a goalscorer he played poorly.

but SCORED:facepalm:
:lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Rather a ridiculous comment. I think a lot of people who were booing Murray are being big enough, on this and other threads, to concede he conducted himself very well on the night and has gone up in their estimation as an individual (rather than a footballer).

As far as his game is concerned, he played okay, no better - but he isn't fully match-fit yet. When he is, he'll be a fine Championship player, as most sensible judges believed he would be.
Exactly. El Pres in tiresome Murray related sanctimony shock. :rolleyes:

[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION], just accept that Albion fans were understandably unhappy at him leaving to join our arch rivals. Yes there will be people who take it too far, but he's a professional footballer. I'm sure he's big enough to take being called a wanker by some of our support.

I just think it's a pity that every Murray thread seems to turn into a bitchfest over Ashley Barnes, who incidentally remains our top scorer having scored seven goals. CMS has six. And Murray has just TWO.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Exactly. El Pres in tiresome Murray related sanctimony shock. :rolleyes:

[MENTION=31]El Presidente[/MENTION], just accept that Albion fans were understandably unhappy at him leaving to join our arch rivals. Yes there will be people who take it too far, but he's a professional footballer. I'm sure he's big enough to take being called a wanker by some of our support.

I just think it's a pity that every Murray thread seems to turn into a bitchfest over Ashley Barnes, who incidentally remains our top scorer having scored seven goals. CMS has six. And Murray has just TWO.

Murray has been injured hasnt he?

I thought he was good last night, in the first half the players didnt read his flicks but when they started to in the second half Palace ripped Brighton to bits.

Zaha and Scannell along side Murray worked very well and would cause most sides problems

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
That free header in the second half was pretty terrible though, and should have got his shot on target in the first half when put through. But his build up play was perfect

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Murray has been injured hasnt he?

I thought he was good last night, in the first half the players didnt read his flicks but when they started to in the second half Palace ripped Brighton to bits.

Zaha and Scannell along side Murray worked very well and would cause most sides problems

Wasn't overly impressed with Scannell. Definitely the weakest player in their forward line on last night's showing. Zaha and Williams look great though

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Thought he was shit apart from his goal.

Wasn't in the game in the slightest. Given that Palace dominated for the best part of an hour you'd hope your center forwards we be running everything.

Best player on the park by a country mile was the midget (no 20).

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
exactly.

First half, what did he do?
Second half up to 70 mins, what did he do?
He wasnt winning headers. He wasn't laying it off properly.

From 70 mins onward he was good and he took his goal well. But hardly worth meeting his demands.

Outshone by Zaha by a MILE

Sort of mirrored us really, we shone for 20 minutes, then did nothing of note for 70 minutes.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here