Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray & Tommy Elphick

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Don't agree - I think he's an "whole game" player. It's just the service the poor guy gets comes in fits and starts. He's been pretty isolated at time this season and when the balls is played to him it's often over his head which might explain why he's not on the ball as much as last year.

I don't think you can really argue that his goal scoring comes in fits in starts, i'm not suggesting he only plays half the time in games - he is one of our consistantly good players. Its just that he tends to go 6 or so games without a goal and then get 6 in 5.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Nearly right, but not quite. Just replace the word "midfield" with the word "Manager". The idea that we have had a shit midfield this year is a nonsense. This season we have had the following midfielders who are easily Championship quality:

Livermore, Robbie Savage, Bradley Johnson, Kevin Thornton.

We have also had several midfielders who you could deem decent League One footballers:

Coxy, Thomson, McLeod, Robinson, Fraser.

That is FOUR (undisputably) Championship standard midfielders and FIVE League One standard midfielders. Unfortunately, we have a "manager" not fit to run a bath, let alone a football team, thus this HILARIOUS myth we have had a shit midfield this season has developed.

Cox, Thomson, McLeod, Robinson and Fraser are NOT on this years showing (or last years) league 1 footballers. No one has even suggested losing Thomson in January will be an issue. Fraser is a headless chicken, McLeod has been injured nearly all season and Robinson would struggle to start for a League 2 side. Cox you might have a point with, but you can count the good games in the last two years on two hands.

Savages legs had gone, I'd say that was fairly evident. He'll end up somewhere like Wrexham/Crewe in the next transfer window. I'll give you the other three though. Even then Livermore has been out for a month (or two) and Johnson has only been here a month. You're hatred for Adams really is quite tedious, I think most people would say that our midfield was our worse position - it has to be when players like El-Abd are starting there.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I don't think you can really argue that his goal scoring comes in fits in starts, i'm not suggesting he only plays half the time in games - he is one of our consistantly good players. Its just that he tends to go 6 or so games without a goal and then get 6 in 5.

Oh, ok. Fair point - his scoring comes in bursts between barren spells. Tend to agree with that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here