Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray & Tommy Elphick

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
No worries. I'm more worried about losing Murray though to be honest. Elphick can be replaced by Virgo, we would struggle to find another Murray.

I thought Forster was bloody good today, although I think Glenn would have done alot better with the 40 yard passes in the air up against a 6 foot defender.

Having said that, when Murray came on he really was different class. One moment where the ball was played hard and low to his feet, he put it wide left to Richards with the outside of his foot before changing pace and recieving it just outside the box to shoot over. Absolute quality.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Didn't Bobby Z sign an extension to his contract to keep him at the Albion for x number of years ?

True that contracts ain't really worth the paper they're written on now :(

Now I'm all at sea ! :):(:):(:):( :lol:

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
At a Brighton game?

I'm a joke haha?? Grow some mates? sad little boy, should be out playing.
Your mum giving you those insults, perfetic. I know people went to school with you, you get bullied now stop trying to look hard on the pc, just a little advice now run along little boy.:bigwave:

:lolol::lolol::cry:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I don't think Elphick is off - Micky specifically referred to him in the post match interview as having improved since Hinshelwood has returned. Also he has recently signed a new contract.

:wishfulthinking:

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
I thought Forster was bloody good today, although I think Glenn would have done alot better with the 40 yard passes in the air up against a 6 foot defender.

Having said that, when Murray came on he really was different class. One moment where the ball was played hard and low to his feet, he put it wide left to Richards with the outside of his foot before changing pace and recieving it just outside the box to shoot over. Absolute quality.

Forster is class. Though he comes in fits and starts which is the issue. Murray is top quality nearly all the time. If we had a midfield that was any good with Murray and Forster up front we would own this league.

I would honestly be worried about relegation if Murray goes.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Forster is class. Though he comes in fits and starts which is the issue. Murray is top quality nearly all the time. If we had a midfield that was any good with Murray and Forster up front we would own this league.

I would honestly be worried about relegation if Murray goes.

Agreed, it would be very hard to see where the goals were coming from if we were to lose Glenn.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
We're still after that Derry City striker. But I do agree with you, that if we do lose Muzzer then we're totally stuffed.

Swindon the worse side I've seen this season, but we struggled to break them down because of our constant hoofing in the first half. I would much rather have had Murray trying to win the headers than Forster.

Oh, and a big congratulations to Stuart Fleetwood, who actually jumped for a header today. Not once, but twice.:clap: He had a reasonably good game aswell, won a stick on penalty.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Swindon the worse side I've seen this season, but we struggled to break them down because of our constant hoofing in the first half. I would much rather have had Murray trying to win the headers than Forster.

Oh, and a big congratulations to Stuart Fleetwood, who actually jumped for a header today. Not once, but twice.:clap: He had a reasonably good game aswell, won a stick on penalty.

I'm sorry mate, but I'll have to disagree with you there. Tranmere were the worst side I've seen all season.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I saw two today - they came from Nicky Forster - partnered by Stuart Fleetwood.

One was a good link up, fair enough. The other was a penalty.

To be fair, playing long balls over the top will barely ever work even with a big man upfront, and it's almost never going to work with two relatively small men up top. This was shown by Swindon's defence in the first half, and the only time we got it on the floor they didn't know how to deal with it.

In the second half, the long ball worked a treat. Their defence just seemed to go to pieces. Unfortunately for us, teams won't defend as badly as Swindon did. So unless we drop the hoofing and play proper football which I suspect we won't, I can't see us scoring too many with Forster and Fleetwood. I'd be thrilled to be proved wrong though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here