• CMS

Votes: 29 23.0%
  • Glenn Murray

Votes: 97 77.0%

• Total voters

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
The point is Murray didn't wantbto play for Albion any more.

Yes he did. He was on 7 grand in league one, was offered 9 when we got into the Championship, he felt he was worth a bit more..... Palace came in with 13+..... Brighton would not up his wage...... so he reluctantly left.
He was looking forward to play at the Amex.

- - - Updated - - -

The point is Murray didn't wantbto play for Albion any more.

Yes he did. He was on 7 grand in league one, was offered 9 when we got into the Championship, he felt he was worth a bit more..... Palace came in with 13+..... Brighton would not up his wage...... so he reluctantly left.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

Well, if he does want to come back, he can in 18 months.

All he has to do is not sign his contract extension at Palace.

We shall see if he really wants to play for us or not.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

If he goes anywhere, it will be to a club higher up, not one below us.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting

If the wages are around about the same, i think he would come back if offered. If this had been the case in the first place.........we would not be having this conversation. He still lives local, has had work done on his property, looks like he has no intention of moving away.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

And he could have played there had he accepted our contract offer, which, at the time, was more than fair I am sure. The pikeys offered him more and suddenly his desire to play at the Amex dissipated. Good luck to him.

Crying about it on here almost 2 years later is not going to change anything and the sooner some on here realise that the better.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Looks like Murray and Dobbie are already starting to build up a good understanding. Good job Dobbie can't play at the Amex. Someone also said Hodgson was at Selhurst yesterday to have a look at Murray.....And yes, we would have many players on way more than Murray is on at Palace.

Was said he was looking at Zaha..best ask hodgson

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If he goes anywhere, it will be to a club higher up, not one below us.

My point is that it's up to him.

A few on here state that he really wants to play for us.

If he wants it that much there is a way it can happen.

It really is his call, he just has to not sign his contract extension - we will see what he really wants.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
How the flip has this made 10 pages?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
If the wages are around about the same, i think he would come back if offered. If this had been the case in the first place.........we would not be having this conversation. He still lives local, has had work done on his property, looks like he has no intention of moving away.

I am lead to believe he almost came back in a swap for Hoskins, which collapsed when Hoskins got injured. I assume that wages are no longer an issue, this being the case.

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
And he could have played there had he accepted our contract offer, which, at the time, was more than fair I am sure. The pikeys offered him more and suddenly his desire to play at the Amex dissipated. Good luck to him.

Crying about it on here almost 2 years later is not going to change anything and the sooner some on here realise that the better.

I'm not crying, just stating the facts, which have got out of proportion over the last couple of years. Bearing in mind the wages payed to others in the squad, a 2 grand rise, up to 9 from 7, was not exactly pushing the boat out, to be offered another 3-5 grand a week, without even a revised offer, really shows that Murray was not really valued that highly.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I am lead to believe he almost came back in a swap for Hoskins, which collapsed when Hoskins got injured. I assume that wages are no longer an issue, this being the case.

Wages were never an issue in the first place. And whatever you are lead to believe there is no way Murray will ever come back all the time Poyet is here. As it was Poyet who didn't rate/want him in the first place. Although his view may have changed since then lol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here