Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Glenn Murray contract extension [was: GM signs]

jackanada

Jul 19, 2011
Brighton
Hasnt it been suggested that the extension was at a lower wage.

No idea, but if he was to get his leg broken next week that's still an extra year of wages and access to club medical facilities.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Being cynical could the extension be in order that we get a fee if he wishes to leave in the summer or somebody makes an offer.

Doubt it. We were willing to let him go free to a Championship side, but no-one wanted to offer him an 18 month deal

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
How many goals has Murray for us? I thought it was just over 100 but this suggested 111:

https://www.soccerbase.com/players/player.sd?player_id=40545

Interesting article on Murray setting his sights on the 123 all time record of Tommy Cook. In true club website style, it doesn’t say how many he’s on....! Bit like their live commentary on u23 and women’s games where they don’t actually put the score clearly anywhere :facepalm:

Edit - Wiki says 109 - not sure if updated after weekend - so what’s correct?!

Also, if he got our all time record it would be hilarious even more at the irony of the franchise making the same mistake as us :lol:

Last edited:

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Will be interesting to see what happens, if he sticks around as a leader in the dressing room or if he goes on another loan. Probably 100% up to him.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Will be interesting to see what happens, if he sticks around as a leader in the dressing room or if he goes on another loan. Probably 100% up to him.

I would want him back at the club and in the 25, if only so we can give him a proper send off at the last home game of the season

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I would want him back at the club and in the 25, if only so we can give him a proper send off at the last home game of the season

Maybe he wants to play as much as possible for the little time he got left as a player though. I guess he will get a testimonial game either way?

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I guess it will all depend on if he gets an offer of a Champ loan ?

Can’t see a club below that level being able to afford his wages...... guess CH could be interested in bringing him in at Forest. But perhaps would depend on Murray wanting to move away as clearly settled in the South.

Get him back.... get in Dia... loan out Connolly and Zeqiri

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I think he's worth having around as a sub at the moment. We are completely toothless.

Sent from my SM-G977N using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Think we could do with his influence and experience in training.

Absolutely we could, was doing a fine job encouraging Aaron Connolly and our other young strikers out on the traing pitch too apparantly.

I've no idea what Glenn's plans for the future are, but we could certainly use him behind the scenes here in a possible coaching role.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Glenn looks miles off the pace unfortunately, but expected at his age. Disagree that he should be on the bench and while he could be a great asset around the training ground and with the strikers it was evident in the summer at least he still wanted to play.

Tough one really but up to Glenn I guess

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here