Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray 25-1 to score first tomorrow on BetFred

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I'd be interested to know, how & when BetFred became aware of their error?

At a guess because they were seeing unusual betting pattern on a non televised market.

They'll know roughly how much money should be staked on such a market, that combined with all the money coming on the same result it would set off alarm bells at BFHQ when their liability became too great.

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Got an E-Mail from them. You watch him go and score first now. Will be deleting my account now. :(

Jan 19, 2009
Worthing
Oh Large One, as posted before, it's an obvious palpable error, so they have to give the accepted industry price, or a refund.

Similar for example, if a shop advertises something which is obviously under priced, it isn't obliged to sell at that price. (contrary to popular belief)

Anyway, I've had £15 on the Albion at 7/2 , and £5 the draw at 3/1 on Betfair.

Just about to leave to get down there for a :drink: or two.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Got an E-Mail from them. You watch him go and score first now. Will be deleting my account now. :(

Get on the blackjack sunshine....it's a license to print money!

Still sounds shite that THEIR 'error' can cause a bet to be welched upon arbitrarily, with no come back in law. Or rather, with the law actually making an allowance for it.

A bet's a bet, surely?

<insert comment about Attilla here>

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Still sounds shite that THEIR 'error' can cause a bet to be welched upon arbitrarily, with no come back in law. Or rather, with the law actually making an allowance for it.

A bet's a bet, surely?

On sunday, a customer in my shop was incorrectly given a price of 100/1 on a correct score on the Atletico Madrid match, it should have been 80/1. The wrong price was written on his slip, and naturally Atletico did (bizarrely) win 4-2, so after consulting with a supervisor, it was agreed all round that we should honour the price, and we did. But technically, we COULD have said it was 80/1, but I think it's better customer service to honour the genuine mistake. Give the punter the win, that's how it should be in my opinion. But we didn't have to.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here