Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glenn Murray 25-1 to score first tomorrow on BetFred

jimmyc22

Apr 25, 2010
Yeah, I think they knew i wouldn't accept the 6/1 as there were plenty of other firms going 7s, you do have to be careful with these b*stards!

southernblue

Nov 22, 2010
It's me !

Evenin' !

It was me who wrote it on the Argus ! Lol. I also splashed it all over the facebook pages hahaha.

I think its a error on behalf of the pricer, it is league one - I probably couldn't even price up the championship! - sometimes they haven't a clue - the equvilent of a 25/1 horse romping home which happens everyday.
Also, when I first saw it I thought ahh, they're thinking of a different league player Murray, as they're a few floating around. I reckon that's what happened.
Nope, sure enough, Glenn.

I won't say anything else until he scores first. Then let the law suit begin ! Lol.

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Unfortunately this will be classed as a palpable error, if Glenn does score, they will will pay you out at the "perceived correct odds of 13/2". It's happened to me before.

He's right, you know. It's general betting industry standard.

From the FAQ section of their site:

All Betfred.com prices are subject to change and are fixed only when a bet is struck. Should there be an obvious pricing error or system failure which leads to incorrect prices, lines or handicaps being displayed, any bets taken at these prices will be deemed void. To establish the correct price at time of placement should there be a dispute, Betfred.com will consider industry prices available in the general market at the time the wager was placed. Should the error be noticed before the event is due to take place every effort will be made by the Betfred.com team to inform all those customers who have placed a wager.

Hate to be all negative on this one, but it's worth pointing out now before everyone goes irate when he does score the only goal of the game tomorrow and you only get paid out at just 13/2.

It's clear that they've got the prices between Muzza and Painter mixed up - it's not as if it was like that occasion a few years ago when certain firms forgot to pay attention to Mark McGhee's team selections from the most recent fixtures, when he'd started playing a certain defender up front.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He's right, you know. It's general betting industry standard.

From the FAQ section of their site:

All Betfred.com prices are subject to change and are fixed only when a bet is struck. Should there be an obvious pricing error or system failure which leads to incorrect prices, lines or handicaps being displayed, any bets taken at these prices will be deemed void. To establish the correct price at time of placement should there be a dispute, Betfred.com will consider industry prices available in the general market at the time the wager was placed. Should the error be noticed before the event is due to take place every effort will be made by the Betfred.com team to inform all those customers who have placed a wager.

Hate to be all negative on this one, but it's worth pointing out now before everyone goes irate when he does score the only goal of the game tomorrow and you only get paid out at just 13/2.

It's clear that they've got the prices between Muzza and Painter mixed up - it's not as if it was like that occasion a few years ago when certain firms forgot to pay attention to Mark McGhee's team selections from the most recent fixtures, when he'd started playing a certain defender up front.

So would they cough up 25/1 if Painter scores first?

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
The odds on the site have now been cut

Murray 1st goalscoreror last goal scorer is down to 13/2
and to score anytime is 7/4

I suspect any bets placed before this price cut will only be paid out at these odds if they arn't declared void

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
The odds on the site have now been cut

Murray 1st goalscoreror last goal scorer is down to 13/2
and to score anytime is 7/4

I suspect any bets placed before this price cut will only be paid out at these odds if they arn't declared void

I got Murray to score anytime 7/1 so does this mean I'll be getting my money back too?

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I got Murray to score anytime 7/1 so does this mean I'll be getting my money back too?

Would have thought so. I did the same (as well as first and last) and my money has been refunded and the bets don't even appear on my statement.

Not so much as an email informing though.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
Would have thought so. I did the same (as well as first and last) and my money has been refunded and the bets don't even appear on my statement.

Not so much as an email informing though.

my money is back in the account too. Never using them again as thing that's wrong. If you price something wrong in a shop then it's your fault. false advertisement.

(to be fair a message or email would have gone a long way)

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
So would they cough up 25/1 if Painter scores first?

Chances are you would. You'd definitely have a cause to challenge it with them if it did happen!

He's 40s with them now, so depending on how they decide to honour bets, if you'd actually backed Painter previously you might even get paid out at that price.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
my money is back in the account too. Never using them again as thing that's wrong. If you price something wrong in a shop then it's your fault. false advertisement.

Just got the following via email:
Dear Customer,

Please be advised that there has been a pricing error relating to the Southampton v Brighton football match taking place on Tuesday 23rd November 2010.

The pricing error relates to the price for Glenn Murray, and includes first goalscorer, each-way first goalscorer, last goalscorer and scorecasts.

All wagers placed on these markets have been cancelled according to the Betfred rules where an incorrect price has been issued in error.

Should you wish to replace your wager, you are now able to do so at the correct price(s).

We apologise for the error and any inconvenience caused.

Regards

Betfred Customer Service Team

Fair play to them I guess although they should have sent said mail around the same time they pulled the bet.

Notice they still haven't got Wood up there.

Every cloud and all that, I took the money they gave me back and played the blackjack game next to the coupon and double my money.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

That's not true about shops, though a lot of people think it is. The price on offer in a shop display is effectively a contract between you and the shop and they can refuse to serve you quite happily, they do not have to sell it to you at the wrong price. I know nothing about betting, but would guess the law is similar, if not the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here