Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glen Murray

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
Now I know some people on here will disagree but I think he has been superb over the last two games. Against Man City he played upfront on his own against four international defenders and showed some superb hold up play and a lovely touch.

Against Northampton, in a different sort of game, he battled well and kept going - scoring a cracking goal which should have been the winner.

He is a genuinely talented striker who seems to be coming into a run of form. Some fans gave him stick against Man City for not running around like a headess chicken a la Virgo or Revell. What they fail to realise is there is no point chasing pointless balls and wasting energy - especially as he was our only forward and was pretty much going to have to play the full game.

Yes, he gets off-side a lot which is rubbish. Or course it is. However, he seems to be thriving in the lone striker position.

I would, and loads will disagree here, play him up on his own for the next few games and keep Forster on the bench.

Lord Large

Keeping the faith
Aug 6, 2008
Out on the floor
I think part of the problem is that a lot of Brighton fans seem to think his strengths are getting the ball wide and crossing to him.

From what I have seen on him he is far better at getting the ball into his feet and linking up the play or being slid in while playing on the shoulder of the last defender.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I wouldn't go so far as to drop Forster but I do agree that Murray is an essential part of the team and probably the best player to watch that we have at the moment.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I think the goals vs Man City and Northampton (when it was a peno he went up to frasier who had the ball and said something like 'cmon, give it here, i'll sort this') have kick started him, we should see him back to his goal machine self soon.

He'll score vs chelts then its 4 goals in 3 games, not bad eh.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
How hard is it for Brighton fans to spell GLENN? jesus f***ing christ.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008

Why do you do this on practically every thread.

Either contribute your thoughts on the post topic (not the spelling of the name before you say) or don't bother saying anything.

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
Reminds me of Ian Rush, always looking to get in behind and a decent finisher. I think the offsides are partly down to the teams inability to spot his runs early. Good player.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Why do you do this on practically every thread.

Either contribute your thoughts on the post topic (not the spelling of the name before you say) or don't bother saying anything.

I don't do it on every thread. This one just gets on my tits. I will say what I like, whether you like it or not. And it was said it in jest, get over it.

Oh and the "jesus christ" is because I'm used to working with the automatic capitalising thing, that's why it’s like that. Forgetting to capitalise a letter is a bit different to spelling one of our own players names wrong in a constant basis, though.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I don't do it on every thread. This one just gets on my tits. I will say what I like, whether you like it or not. And it was said it in jest, get over it.

Oh and the "jesus christ" is because I'm used to working with the automatic capitalising thing, that's why it’s like that. Forgetting to capitalise a letter is a bit different to spelling one of our own players names wrong in a constant basis, though.

Said in jest but seems you feel very strongly about it. :p

People may get the spelling of names wrong, it not as bad as actually changing someone's name ie from Forster to Foster. :angry:

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Have alook at similar threads, FOUR other people have spelt it as GLEN as well.

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
But Glen(n) can be spelt with one 'n' as is Glen Johnson's.

....Most random on-going conversation, but this is NSC.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
What annoys me far more than spelling is morons who still do not rate him.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath

Woah calm down, it's not exactly crime of the century considering many people are called GLEN rather than GLENN.
Don't even bother thinking about becoming an English teacher when you grow up because at this rate you would have either killed yourself or a student because they can't spell as well as you....and I think you'll find it's Jesus with a capital J. Just thought i'd point that one out to you.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
We've just gone over this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here