Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gleeson - "MK Dons are better than Brighton"

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Based SOLELY off of Football League Show Highlights, they do look to play a more attractive passing game that us, we rely quite heavily on our (excellent) wingers to create things, where as they pass the ball more around the entire midfield looking to create opportunities.

Half the time last season we didnt even play with wingers, and our best performances came when we didnt (Peterboro A, Charlton A) - we play a lot through the middle also, so don't understand where the above comes from?

xenophon

speed of life
Jul 11, 2009
BR8
Take it as a compliment, it wasn't that long ago that folk were saying "We're even worse than Brighton"

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
"This is a big club"

Er, no it's not. It's an ugly, Noddy artificial monstrosity with a three quarters empty stadium every week, occupied by kids on freebies from their local schools waving foam hands and squealing occasionally.

They will NEVER be a big club.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
If he is of that opinion due to the away game at MK Dons last season then who can blame him. I recall us being pretty rubbish that day.
On the other hand, we crushed them at Withdean though.

Falkor

Banned
Jun 3, 2011
They are six games in. What a gobshite.

so are we yet were going to be in the prem next season according to some on here.

There a good side they will get promoted next season sadly as i dont like what they are about at all

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
On the other hand, we crushed them at Withdean though.

Wasn't that the match where KLL smashed a free kick that nearly took their keepers FACE off on its way into the net ?

I think it was you know.

BHseagull

Aug 5, 2008
Brighton
If he is basing it solely on our below par performance against them last season he is clearly deluded. Using that analogy, Wolves are better than Chelsea - having beat them last year.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Is this post serious?

I was thinking that? WTF? The OP clearly doesn't watch us that much. We have literally passed sides to death especially away from home, Charlton, Peterboro, Cardiff to name but a few in the last 12 months alone.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hate the plastic dongs but if Gus were to leave then I think we could have our next manager right there.....................

AnotherArch

Northern Exile
Apr 2, 2009
Stockport & M62
If they were that good after November, how come we still picked up 8 more points than them between then and the end of the season ?
And they should have sailed through the play offs. Hang on, who beat them again? Posh are not one of our bogey teams anyway.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Take it as a compliment, it wasn't that long ago that folk were saying "We're even worse than Brighton"

That's what i was thinking. It's great that we are seen as the benchmark that teams aspire to.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Based on the game at MK Dongs they were better on the day because we lacked the motivation to walk away with the 3 points. Over the course of the season we were more consistent as both clubs played a passing game instead of hoofball or bullyboy tactics.

TheBlueAndWhiteStrips

May 27, 2009
Huntingdon
images

I loved him in Smokey & the Bandit. :D

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I seem to remember Karl Robinson, making some similar comments after they had beaten us there last year. Very disrespectful.

Pehaps (if the rumours are to be believed) we should not bother sending them a couple of our development players. After all, we wouldn't want to weaken their team now would we?

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Wasn't that the match where KLL smashed a free kick that nearly took their keepers FACE off on its way into the net ?

I think it was you know.
Yeah it was, it might have been his first match back?

But the way I remember it we were battering them and they were just defending, until THAT happened.

Edit: Just looked up the match report:
"It was an impressive win for Albion, not least because the Dons arrived at Withdean as one of the division's in-form sides, having won five out of their six opening games of the season."

Brighton and Hove Albion | Match | Report | 11 September 2010, Brighton 2 - 0 Milton Keynes Dons

Hmm, now where have I heard that before?

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here