Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Glastonbury 2013 Fun in the Sun Thread ***

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Will try and make it... the cider bus is pretty much a traditional meeting place for my mob anyway.

Cool. Look for the Bruno looky-likey (or Richard Fairbrass if I have my aviators on) in an orange hoody.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Cool. Look for the Bruno looky-likey (or Richard Fairbrass if I have my aviators on) in an orange hoody.

You sound like my doppleganger (minus the orange hoody).

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Fatboy Slim doing six secret gigs. Thursday night, friday eve x2, sat eve x2, one on sunday tea time.
Beady Eye are doing are a secret gig. chase & status are doing an unannounced gig.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Friday and Sunday, doing reportery. Tame Impala, Portishead, Yoda, 2 Bears, Zinc, Andy C, Resonators, Don't Think, Rufus Wainwright, Tim Burgess, Smashing Pumpkins, Nick Cave, Suuns, maybe Tyler the Creator, TEED, Skream/Disclosure, Joy Orbison, Charles Bradley...

Tubby Mondays

Dec 8, 2005
A Crack House
My 29th Glasto. First one with a broken ankle though :)

Youll remember the days when if there were two of you you took a tent that slept two and not seven as the selfish twats do these days then?

No one used to take a gazebo in those days or rope off the 2 acres surrounding their tents either did they?

attila

1997 Club
Jul 17, 2003
South Central Southwick
I remember the days when I could get loads of Albion mates in for nothing as part of my gig deal, when people wandered around in the nude (I drank too much raw scrumpy and fell asleep on my back in the nude in the sun - won't EVER do that again, OW!) when if it got muddy and you were naked you just.....wore mud, when dogs on strings were everywhere, when the fence was a fence, not the Berlin Wall, when the generators kept breaking down so the cabaret and acoustic tents actually were just that (being a fifth of the size it didn't matter) First one 1983, every year since ( just realised I said 29th - it is actually only my 24th, I forgot about the years there haven't been any!) I loved it then and love it just as much now - sure it's huge and much more commercial, but despite what some cynics (who don't actually go, mostly) say sheer variety of stuff going on and the continuing spirit of the place makes it still the best festival in the WORLD :) Robina and I going tomorrow, not going to be as mobile as usual but still looking forward to it as much as ever.

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
That was incredible! Definitely the best festival I've ever been to.

I really can't be dealing with work today though.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I don't get how you find out about the secret gigs? Is it just luck?

Luck, connections and/or word of mouth really. I got to see Fatboy twice, once deliberately the other time he just happened to be playing literally next to where I was stood (like 6ft away). I also got to see Chase and Status' set which was after Skrillex's secret set. Skrillex was pretty mad but C&S killed the atmosphere and were pretty lame. Missed Thom Yorke though.

Big apologies for missing the meet up I organised. The rain was to blame. Hopefully I didn't inconvenience anyone. I did see an Albion shirt at West Holts on Sunday afternoon for the Columbian salsa band; gent 40-50 years sitting on a chair to right of stage half way back. Belated hello.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
First day back at work....brutal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here