Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

*** Glastonbury 2013 Fun in the Sun Thread ***

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
I am also very jealous. As I am every year, but Glastonbury is just not a possibility for me.

So...decisions. Do I go and see The Black Angels? And Congos or PIL?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For those of a pie bent, Pieminister have moved from West Holts/Jazz World to near the Other Stage.

:thumbsup: It's on my radar Jamie. I have also noted their tips for peak pie enjoyment at a festival.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The Stones followed by (just announced) Fatboy playing Arcadia. Cool.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Now finished work and am now officially on vacation. A few drinks tonight and an early start tomorrow; bring it on.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
PS it looks like it will be fun in the sun!

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
For those of a pie bent, Pieminister have moved from West Holts/Jazz World to near the Other Stage.

Thanks for that valuable advice. My posse usually keep a 'pie chart' of how many pies we consume.

Fitzcarraldo

Nov 12, 2010
It's my first time going and I am reaching a state of FEVERISH excitement. Everything has been brought and ready, coach is booked and picking up from Stockwell at 3am Wednesday morning, weather looks like it is going to hold out, line up is PARTY. All is set for quite an extended weekend. :rave:

Any other little tips or anything from the Glastonbury veterans?

Fred Oliver - Legend

Jul 20, 2005
Valley Park
It's my first time going and I am reaching a state of FEVERISH excitement. Everything has been brought and ready, coach is booked and picking up from Stockwell at 3am Wednesday morning, weather looks like it is going to hold out, line up is PARTY. All is set for quite an extended weekend. :rave:

your gonna LOVE it dude, the moment you relise the sheer size of the place youl go nuts, guarentee youl be back next year!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

My only tip is to just go with the flow and don't worry about missing a few bands. As FOL says, you will not comprehend the sheer scale of it until you're there. It's truly wonderful.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Ps check out the Arcadia stage, it operates late at night, Fatboy is on at 1am Sat night/Sunday morning. This stage will blow your mind.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Thursday, 7pm, The Cider Bus? I'm planning to meet some other people/Albion chums there. I will be sporting a bright orange hoody.

Will try and make it... the cider bus is pretty much a traditional meeting place for my mob anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here