Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glasses?

Glasses?

• I dont need glasses....my eyesight is fine!

Votes: 36 34.3%
  • I need glasses for reading only.

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • I need glasses for reading and driving

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • I need glasses all the time.

Votes: 44 41.9%
  • Eh speak up!!

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
Withdean Wanderer said:
Short sighted - wear glasses at football and in lectures

with the most retarded case i have ever seen in my LIFE

DC Rules

Could It Be Forever?
Sep 19, 2006
I've been shortsighted since 7 (I'm now 45) and have worn contact lenses for 25 years, but about 5 years ago I needed to wear glasses for reading, so I wear glasses and contact lenses at the same time! There are apparently bi-focal contact lenses, does any one here wear them?

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
Yorkie said:
You will when you're older.

Opticians call it the 45 eye. That's the age when eyes start to wear out.

Funnily enough I'm 45, and have just got glasses for the first time, for reading and using the computer.

I held out as long as I could, but they do make a big difference.:thumbsup:

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Got lasered last year. Expensive, but well worth it for me.

And no, I wouldn't recommend it either way for anyone else, it's a personal choice that doesn't work for everyone, and if it goes wrong, then you are well and truly fcuked, and I wouldn't want any part of recommending it to anyone, purely because I would hate to be even partially, minutely responsible for someone taking a punt and getting it wrong.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Since I was 48. I only need them for driving and watching kick and rush football.

Techno

Oct 23, 2006
West Midlands
I need glasses to see things far away (dunno whether thats short-sighted or long-sighted or whatvever!!)

For example driving and reading stuff of the whiteboard at college.

And also as of last night, i have had to start wearing my glasses whilst playing cricket (it was the first indoor net of the season last night!!)
Only wearing them when batting though, my eyes had gotten so shitty that i couldnt actually see the ball without glasses - not that i can usually see it that well when batting anyway!! :down:

also also!! i only have a problem in one eye, its my right eye that can see bugger all, and my left eye is pretty good. anyone else like this??

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Techno said:

also also!! i only have a problem in one eye, its my right eye that can see bugger all, and my left eye is pretty good. anyone else like this??

Its a very very common problem, i dont know anyone who has exactly the same prescription in each eye.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
I wear mine all the time - not that i need to, i just like being able to see properly!

Plus they look gorgeous!
I like women who wear glasses :blush:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
MYOB said:
Can I combine the last two answers? Need glasses, have had since I was 4, and loud music/headphones has f***ed my hearing.

Come again?

I have very good eye sight, but that will surely change as I am either in front of a computer or reading. Will be good if/when I train to be a surveyor and get out of the office more.

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
I'm getting lasered this Friday, after wearing contacts for the past 12 years (yes, maybe it is time to change, they are getting a little dry and itchy...)

Was advised by my optician to start wearing glasses more often, about two years ago, because red blood cells were coming a little too close to the surface apparently. So I have been doing so, though I hate specs. Am now finally taking the laser-eye plunge, after realising it was no longer quite so expensive as I'd imagined.

I'm sure Thursday will be a pretty sleepless night.
Just hope I get to enjoy the North London derby on Wednesday night - could be the last game I ever see...

Shizuoka Dolphin

NSC M0DERATOR
Jul 8, 2003
N/A
Wear them for reading and computers and suchlike. Don't wear them any other times unless I FEEL like it.

Got bullied MERCILESSLY when I was a nipper for being a four-eyed speccy TWAT so I now I take out my pent up frustration at the world on internet message boards.

You're all a bunch of C**NTS!

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Perfect 20-20 vision thanks.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Barrel of Fun said:
Come again?

I have very good eye sight, but that will surely change as I am either in front of a computer or reading. Will be good if/when I train to be a surveyor and get out of the office more.

But you do wear glasses BoF - I can see them in your avatar
:D

SussexSpur

Jan 24, 2004
Finchley
Bumpette.

For all you laser-eye-ers out there - how was it for you, in the immediate aftermath?

I had mine done on Friday, at a LASIK clinic in Harley Street (where, I was nonplussed to learn from cheesy grinning photos on the wall, "Dr" Neil Fox had had his done too - scientific fact), and for all my fears, the worst aspect was actually the three-hours wait in the, er, waiting room. The surgery itself was, well... very WEIRD, rather trippy with psychedelic laser strikes, multi-coloured rings around the swoon, and a sensation of utter helpless-but-at-least-it'll-soon-be-all-over-ness...

But at least I didn't actually smell my eyes burning. Always a bonus.
Since then, I've had minor inflammations and itchiness, occasional tears streaming from, filling and refilling, my eyes - and a few small scrapes of blood appearing on the whites. All perfectly natural, according to my optician. Hm.

But it's nice to see, in near-enough-clear-detail, the artwork on my bedroom walls upon waking, and I hope and trust the slight cloudiness should clear up by, ooh, the end of the week?
Right...?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Have been in denial for a couple of years, but had to give in and now at 46 I use them but only for reading, especially measuring tapes at work.
Be warned it is not only you eyes that give way after turning forty.
All the old sporting injuries etc. come back to haunt you, so much for training lots and keeping fit in days gone by:annoyed:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here