Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Glasses?

Glasses?

• I dont need glasses....my eyesight is fine!

Votes: 36 34.3%
  • I need glasses for reading only.

Votes: 14 13.3%
  • I need glasses for reading and driving

Votes: 10 9.5%
  • I need glasses all the time.

Votes: 44 41.9%
  • Eh speak up!!

Votes: 1 1.0%

• Total voters

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
SussexSpur said:
Bumpette.

For all you laser-eye-ers out there - how was it for you, in the immediate aftermath?

I had mine done on Friday, at a LASIK clinic in Harley Street (where, I was nonplussed to learn from cheesy grinning photos on the wall, "Dr" Neil Fox had had his done too - scientific fact), and for all my fears, the worst aspect was actually the three-hours wait in the, er, waiting room. The surgery itself was, well... very WEIRD, rather trippy with psychedelic laser strikes, multi-coloured rings around the swoon, and a sensation of utter helpless-but-at-least-it'll-soon-be-all-over-ness...

But at least I didn't actually smell my eyes burning. Always a bonus.
Since then, I've had minor inflammations and itchiness, occasional tears streaming from, filling and refilling, my eyes - and a few small scrapes of blood appearing on the whites. All perfectly natural, according to my optician. Hm.

But it's nice to see, in near-enough-clear-detail, the artwork on my bedroom walls upon waking, and I hope and trust the slight cloudiness should clear up by, ooh, the end of the week?
Right...?

I had LASIK with Wavefront 3 months ago. Everyone is different. I was "super-corrected" when I wore glasses, I could see the hairs on a gnat's bollock at 3 miles, and being lasered changed that - I have better than 20/20 vision, but I am getting used to it being "normal" perfect vision.

As for the problems - you may get itchiness and dry eyes for some time after the op. I had dry eyes for about 2 months, then it all cleared up. You cannot put too much "fake tears" in your eyes. I came off the meds quite quickly, they can make the situation worse. The cloudiness can be due to dry eyes, but yes, it will clear up. The opticians don't like to give you a definite prognosis as it can be different for everyone, and people will panic if they don't "fit" the routine. You need to rest your eyes a lot (no VDU work, preferably!), but do a search for "LASIK dry eyes" to get an idea of what is probably causing your problems.

I smelt the burning, but the worst part was when they put the clamp around the eyeball - I had to push up against their downwards pressure because they were taking too long to get it round properly!

Overall - worth it, but I know some that don't have such good reports to give. All you can do it stick with it and give it time to heal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here