Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giving up smoking...

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Don't think i'm gonna be very succesful, if the local was open i'd have caved in about 2 hours ago. :(

Last edited:

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Keep your chin up. You've managed another day.

There will come a time when you don't even think about it.

It gets easier and easier as time goes by.

poke

Oct 19, 2003
y dont you get some of them patches, my mate at work got some free from the doctor and he hasnt smoked for 3 weeks

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
poke said:
y dont you get some of them patches, my mate at work got some free from the doctor and he hasnt smoked for 3 weeks
I tried the patches once before, i put one over each eye and i couldn't find my fags.

:jester:

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Trigger said:
I tried the patches once before, i put one over each eye and i couldn't find my fags.

:jester:

come on you can do it ,it's all will power it will be the best thing you have ever done?dont give up after 2 or 3 days it will become alot better.

you will have more money
the girls will love you
you will smell nice
and you will be able to run up the road again
brighton will win the premership in two years time

ok i'm getting a bit carried away but you will not regret it

good luck

Last edited:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Who wants to sponsor Trigger? So many months without a cig! Profits to 40 notes or something! :jester:

The Famous Grouse

Dec 9, 2003
a8754753df8afa9fe0b5c8adc5c48ba2.jpg

:lolol:

driddles

Nov 8, 2003
Ontario, Canada
Keep going Trigger! I just made the end of week 5. It gets easier. First week was hell though (sorry ... it was).
Show up to work at the last minute. Leave work as soon as possible. Dont spend any more time around your old smoking partners than you have too. Oh yeah, when you think you are ready to go and have a coffee with them while they smoke - you are not!

Oh yeah, let your boss or coworkers know you might be beyond grumpy because you are quiting smoking. I can't believe the slack they cut me, and man was I bitchy. But they knew why and just had a laugh.

Keep going - it gets easier!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Good luck to ya, Trigger.

Smoking is RUBBISH but I like it. If you get fit enough you could even play for the LIZARDS in the summer league. Just think about that.

Seriously, mate. Good luck.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Lush said:
But he is already being sponsored to have his legs waxed by a DAFT Bint of his choice!

Unless in some way we can combine the two?
I was hoping that would have been forgotten...

:lolol:

dannyboy

tfso!
Oct 20, 2003
Waikanae NZ
nice one trigger ive done 7 weeks now. i got the patches and the nasal spray (works really well) free from the doctors. after a few days you will realise how bad smoking made you feel and smell etc and that will spur you on even further. you really realise the extra cash . and if you start again it will be even harder next time thats the way it works mate. f*** allan carrs hippy book get all the nicotine replacement you can free from docs courtesy of the taxpayers.

and if you dont do it mate youll probably die as a result from it.

keep going mate

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I quit at the beginning of November last year. Going out to pubs etc was the worst but now I don't miss it at all!!

Stick with it! I've even stopped coughing up flem after a curry!

Last edited:

Lolly

Jan 16, 2004
Earley, actually
I've been thinking about giving up too and the Allen Carr book has been mentioned by a couple of my mates as it worked for them.

As for when you go out on the piss, I've been told that holding 2 drinks at all times should prevent you from holding a ciggie!

Good Luck

x

:)

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
I gave up for 18 months . . . easy . . . .then started again . . . .easy . . . .I need to cut down, but dont feel the odd after dinner cherute will kill me any quicker than the food, wine, fun, and just about anything else I do will. . . . its got to be better than turning into Ned Flanders in the happy life stakes

:eek:

Hungry Joe.

Mar 5, 2004
British Upper Beeding
Good luck chap and stick with it. I gave up smoking cigarettes in January 2003 then had one at The Honey Club last summer when I was a bit the worse for wear and nearly fainted. My method; every time you fancy a puff go for a wank, stimulating and aerobic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here