Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giving up smoking for a season ticket......

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Tonight is my final night of being a smoker. I have many reasons as to why I want to stop, health, financial, family etc but a massive reason was to get or should I say reward myself with a season ticket at The Amex next season.
Wish me luck people!

Oh by the way when I say I'm giving up smoking I don't mean ciggies if you catch my drift :(

MrShaun15

Aug 28, 2010
oh lol, thought you meant ciggies cause health is not really affected with other stuff, but regardless good job, good luck and enjoy your season ticket! its gonna be a great season :D

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
I've always lacked the willpower to start smoking - I feel like not having a smoke, and then I feel like not having another one soon after. But fair play to you and good luck.

Just think - you'll be swapping anxiety attacks, uncertainty and mood swings for the chance to watch the Albion.

Hang on...

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
I've always lacked the willpower to start smoking - I feel like not having a smoke, and then I feel like not having another one soon after. But fair play to you and good luck.

Just think - you'll be swapping anxiety attacks, uncertainty and mood swings for the chance to watch the Albion.

Hang on...

Haha very good but to be fair I don't really or should I say didn't really smoke that much and didn't really get the anxiety thing, mood swings possibly but not too often.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Considering your motivation for giving up is down to The Albion, it's probably better off to give up the cig's & keep on smoking the other stuff.

You KNOW it makes sense! :wink:

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Tonight is my final night of being a smoker. I have many reasons as to why I want to stop, health, financial, family etc but a massive reason was to get or should I say reward myself with a season ticket at The Amex next season.
Wish me luck people!

Oh by the way when I say I'm giving up smoking I don't mean ciggies if you catch my drift :(
Excellent idea. I think I am going to try to, tags that is, Probably spend around 45 quid on tags a month , that is roughly the same as my monthly direct debit

Last edited:

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Excellent idea. I think I am going to try to. Probably spend around 45 quid on tags a month , that is roughly the same as my monthly direct debit

I worked out I am spending about £50/£60 a month on the stuff and I know my money could be going towards better things. Problem is that I have been smoking a couple a day (night more like) consistently for the last 12 years or so, it's gonna be a bitch to break the routine.

JBizzleBeard

Jan 23, 2007
Brighton
Good luck, someone I know has recently done the same and he said it was easier than he thought.
Well just think of the money you'll save.

Thanks mate, I have also read that sometimes it's easier than you think it's gonna be. Do you know how long they smoked for and to what extent?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
My flatmate, at Uni, used to plough through as much as £100-£150 worth a week. Morning, noon and night. My house was a walk in bong. You could see the difference in him when he was not smoking. I lived with him after uni, in Southsea, for a few months and I was left to tend his walk in 'cupboard'. I witnessed a robbery and the police wanted to come round for a chat. "Er...I've just moved here. I can't remember my address. How about I come over to you?".

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Wish me luck people!

no, i dont catch your drift, what are you a crack addict or something?

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
no, i dont catch your drift, what are you a crack addict or something?

Sorry to butt-in here Mr B, but I think it's a bit more serious than that. Whisper it, but it appears he's an Albion addict no less. :ohmy:

May The Gods (& Goddesses) have mercy on his poor soul.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here