Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Given the injuries surely we should be happy with 11th

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Hoskins, Buckley, Vicente have been out for most of the season.

We haven't had El Abd and Elphick. Dicker is out for five monthes.

Reyes came in and looked great then got injured.

For goodness sakes people the fact that we are still 11th after that is bloody remarkable!!

Still confident that once all fit we will climb to play off fringes again.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
I don't think it's the current position that worries people, it's the 1 win in 12 games! Clearly the squad players that are filling in for the sick notes are out of their depth. Let's hope Hoskins, Buckley, and Vicente do make a difference if they ever get fit.

Last edited:

Hoskins, Buckley, Vicente have been out for most of the season.

We haven't had El Abd and Elphick. Dicker is out for five monthes.

Reyes came in and looked great then got injured.

For goodness sakes people the fact that we are still 11th after that is bloody remarkable!!

Still confident that once all fit we will climb to play off fringes again.

Absolute rubbish.

We should be top of the league, scoring goals for fun and generally being marvelous.:guitar:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
A league table at this stage is pretty meaningless (unless tearing it up or cut adrift) if that's your measure. I'm sure most level headed supporters and even NSC posters would be delighted with 11th at the end of April but it's November. My worries are based on watching the inept performance of our team.

But it's all OK .... Gus is God and we'll have Vicente and Buckley back soon, job done

Oh ... and thankfully Harley isn't injured or where would we be then!!!

BLOCK F

Feb 26, 2009
I don't think it's the current position that worries people, it's the 1 win in 12 games! Clearly the squad players that are filling in for the sick notes are out of their depth. Let's hope Hoskins, Buckley, and Vicente do make a difference if they ever get fit.

Spot on.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
Yep Giraffe, 11th is fine. I would have taken that at the start of the season, and would think it a successful season if that's where we finished.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
Also people need to remeber that we are set to have our best league finish since 1991.

But I can see people's concern with the lack of points from our last 12 games, lets hope we can get back to winning ways in the next 2 home games.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
If this was the end of the season then yes 11th would be good for our first season back. We have to remeber the financial clout we have over 1991 is huge and you can't compare the two.

The big worry is our current form and our short cummings which have been exposed.

At the moment it's hard to see us finishing outside the bottom third.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
At the end of the season I'd be delighted .. the table means bugger all in mid November

But the point is we have achieved this without these players, mostly, so if and when they are fit we should do better.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
CMS aside the new signings haven't really happened yet. Still time though.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I'm concerned that the pitch-watering mechanism is on an automatic timer and that the pitch will be like a skating rink come the onset of proper Winter, thereby ADDING to our injury list.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
As long as we're only outclassed a few times in the season, and battle through 90 minutes from beginning to end, then i'll be happy enough wherever we finish as long as we stay up. The sourmouths only spoil NSC, really, and that's a correctable problem by choosing to look elsewhere whilst they spout cack after a tepid defeat or two. I'm excited by the oncoming home games and will be ultimately proud if we end up 11th in our first run in this league under Herr Poyet.

jackcgull

Feb 1, 2008
Amersham
it's quite something really. was a goldstone regular until i moved away, family etc. i came to odd games during gillingham/withdean years - but with the new stadium, kids grown up etc, have happily invested in an ST - despite 200mile round trip for home games. the fact that we usually play pretty decent football is merely icing on the cake. we have no right to be anywhere in any league, it all has to be fought for point by point. i will be gutted (and astonished) if this run of form continues and we go down - but will be back next year to do it all again. i feel like a 12 yr old again when i am at the footy and why not.

what would be a real shame is if we hound gus into leaving us. he clearly has a long term vision that may or may not come to reality - but it's going to be yet more of a crazy ride getting there.

so in answer to the OP - yes - very happy with 11th. also happy with seat, pies, loos, transport, the manager and being an albion fan. i also like NSC and simply ignore the trolls etc

not happy with petrol prices, and the fact that its a 3-week wait for a home game.

so in answer to the OP - yes - very happy with 11th. also happy with seat, pies, loos, transport, the manager and being an albion fan. i also like NSC and simply ignore the trolls etc

Well said that man. The thing that spoils it all for me though is all the exposed ducting etc in the concourses, put in some suspended ceiling and we would be tearing up this division :)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Im very grateful for the NO shots on target tactic over the last few away games. VERY.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here