Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Given the economy is his alleged chosen field

Colossal Squid

Returning video tapes
Feb 11, 2010
Under the sea
Doubt it.

Nobody has any faith in him and he just looks worn out. He may well have some very sensible suggestions to contribute but I fear they'll only get lost among all the sniping and criticising.

He may however be in a good position to point out flaws in the plans of Clegg and Cameron

Feb 14, 2010
yeah do yo reckon they miht ask him why he sold the countroies gold reserves in a boom when gold prics were at an all time low and er wasnt he supposed to get rid of boom and bust? Yep a real strong point. Only he press could dream that tag up

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Can Gordon Brown turn Thursday night's debate into the turning point of this election?

Reckon most Labour voters are quietly biding their time. A million of them didn't vote last time around on account of Tony B.Liar's illegal and immoral invasion of Iraq. They'll be voting this time. Gordon Brown is an honest, decent and truthful man. He's already admitted he's rubbish at the big sell on TV. Which is fair enough. If anybody is intending casting their vote on the strength or otherwise of sound-bites from the Leader Debates then f*** it, you get the government you deserve :shrug:

Feb 14, 2010
you dont sell gold in a boom as money is invested. Brown did and cost you and me a fortune. This also the same bloke that promised to get rid of boom and bust but the press seem to think the economy is his strong point. Only the press could dream that up. He also nationalised the banks instead of simply safeguarding deposits and letting the failing parts of the banks fail and allowing the profitable banking sector be sold off in the administration. Is that better for you?

jordanseagull

Feb 11, 2009
you dont sell gold in a boom as money is invested. Brown did and cost you and me a fortune. This also the same bloke that promised to get rid of boom and bust but the press seem to think the economy is his strong point. Only the press could dream that up. He also nationalised the banks instead of simply safeguarding deposits and letting the failing parts of the banks fail and allowing the profitable banking sector be sold off in the administration. Is that better for you?

It was more the fact that I couldn't even make out what you were writing. But I'm glad you've wasted your time :thumbsup:

Agree with what you're saying though.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
... Gordon Brown is an honest, decent and truthful man...

who backed Blair in the aforementioned war, but didnt open the purse strings for the MoD. he also shafted the pension funds for millions of workers and brought misery to millions of families who were victims of the tax credit fuckup. oh and he presided over a recession after promising an end. nice honest Labour policies.

webbyson

Pre & Post..*Gullsworth*
Jul 26, 2004
Mudhut

Might not be better for the tax-payer yet but wait and see...........and if you had a mortgage with said banks that fell into administration i thinks you would be passing breeze blocks let alone bricks.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
oh and he presided over a recession after promising an end.

Gordon Brown's decisive actions during the recession stopped the cashpoints drying up and the supermarkets being looted and the country being put on curfew. THAT's how close we were to financial meltdown. And it wasn't of Labour's making.

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Gordon Brown's decisive actions during the recession stopped the cashpoints drying up and the supermarkets being looted and the country being put on curfew. THAT's how close we were to financial meltdown. And it wasn't of Labour's making.

This is the truth.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

+1

I think GB will do okay in the next debate, although I think I'm one of the few who thought he did ok in the 2nd one. The Cons have a big weakness when it comes to the economy, Georgie Osborne.

de la zouch

Jul 12, 2007

I really hope that is meant to be ironic, if not it has to be the biggest drivel ever written on this board. FACT

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Has anybody else got to the stage that they are beyond caring?

Feb 14, 2010
Might not be better for the tax-payer yet but wait and see...........and if you had a mortgage with said banks that fell into administration i thinks you would be passing breeze blocks let alone bricks.

why? Your mortgage would have been sold as an asset, well if the bank hat sold it to you still owns that mortgage, which if sold a few years ago is quite unlikely if you get it from one of the major high street banks. And selling gold in a boom? What a complete idiot, well unless he was selling it to a mate of his and with our MP's I wouldnt put it past them.

Helter

Jan 4, 2010

You are one f***ing nob!

Feb 14, 2010
+1

I think GB will do okay in the next debate, although I think I'm one of the few who thought he did ok in the 2nd one. The Cons have a big weakness when it comes to the economy, Georgie Osborne.

that is a myth, mainly put about by Brown or the wallys in the press. he didnt need to nationalise the banks to do that, just secure deposits. The failing part of the banks should have been allowed to fail, and the successful parts sold.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here