Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Give MM credit

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give MM credit

the full harris said:
Fair enough. Just wondered.

But was there a point to your wondering?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Give MM credit

Tom Hark said:
I'd rather he'd spent the coke money on a short term contract for a HouseholdNameAtThisLevel to have kept us in the Championship last season. Cos that gutless relegation cost the club a million quid.

I think in hindsight you are right - a left back or fat ships prob would hae been better than ckr

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give MM credit

Les Biehn said:
But was there a point to your wondering?

Yes, I wondered if you were one of these people who can't help but see the good in others which, whilst admirable, would make it fairly pointless me arguing over McGhee's managerial ability with you.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give MM credit

the full harris said:
Yes, I wondered if you were one of these people who can't help but see the good in others which, whilst admirable, would make it fairly pointless me arguing over McGhee's managerial ability with you.

I am definately not one of those people. I think MM tactically is fairly one dimensional and slow on the uptake when things are wrong. But I just feel sometimes this board gets overrun with anti MM rhetoric and thought it would be nice to add a bit of balance.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give MM credit

Les Biehn said:
I am definately not one of those people. I think MM tactically is fairly one dimensional and slow on the uptake when things are wrong. But I just feel sometimes this board gets overrun with anti MM rhetoric and thought it would be nice to add a bit of balance.

ok.

Just to clarify though, I didn't mean 'those people' as an insult. People who only see good in others are probably a lot happier than the rest of us.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give MM credit

the full harris said:
ok.

Just to clarify though, I didn't mean 'those people' as an insult. People who only see good in others are probably a lot happier than the rest of us.

f*** em, its all a front.

Re: Re: Give MM credit

Tom Hark said:
I'd rather he'd spent the coke money on a short term contract for a HouseholdNameAtThisLevel to have kept us in the Championship last season. Cos that gutless relegation cost the club a million quid.

Hmmm, yeah, that's right, I'd have so looked forward to reading your football posts had we survived and been in our usual bottom six place in the Championship.

Last edited:

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give MM credit

the full harris said:
Can I ask a question?

Which club football managers do you think are bad at their job, if any?

Funnily enough, many of the alternatives posted by the Magoo Out brigade :thumbsup:

OK, to clarify, not "bad" per se, just not as good as what we have.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give MM credit

London Irish said:
Funnily enough, many of the alternatives posted by the Magoo Out brigade :thumbsup:

I disagree but there is only one way to find out...

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
Re: Re: Re: Give MM credit

London Irish said:
Hmmm, yeah, that's right, I'd have so looked forward to reading your football posts had we survived and been in our usual bottom six place in the Championship.

That's right it was far better to go down wasn't it? :dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

the full harris said:
I disagree but there is only one way to find out...

It'll be too late by then - no thanks.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give MM credit

London Irish said:

Well last season I wanted Dennis Wise to come & take over from McGhee, A lot of people disagreed. Looks like he's doing a pretty good job down at Swindon! Took Gus Poyet as his no.2, Just won manager of the month & today signed Paul Ince! I'd have settled for some of that.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Bit dodgy, giving a Scot credit. :drink:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)

British Bulldog said:
Well last season I wanted Dennis Wise to come & take over from McGhee, A lot of people disagreed. Looks like he's doing a pretty good job down at Swindon! Took Gus Poyet as his no.2, Just won manager of the month & today signed Paul Ince! I'd have settled for some of that.

And of course Dennis, Gus and Paul would have all just strolled down to The Withdean and said....."Yeah we all want to come here, this place has everything" !!!!!!

Can everyone please see the bigger picture please !!!!

British Bulldog said:

Swindon are not a League 2 club though, they are like us, someone who should be upper reaches/midtable League 1, so I'm not reading a great deal into that.

It was only gross mismanagement that took them down - a warning to those who think the grass may be greener without McGhee.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006

hitony said:
And of course Dennis, Gus and Paul would have all just strolled down to The Withdean and said....."Yeah we all want to come here, this place has everything" !!!!!!

Can everyone please see the bigger picture please !!!!

Well it's something we'll never know now because they strolled into Swindon and said........"Yeah we all want to come here"

Ok we've got a crap stadium & we're skint, But look at the bigger picture! There's hundreds of football people who fancy themselves as a league manager, The trouble is there's a limited amount of jobs. Managing Brighton would be a very good job for an up & coming manager, Make your name as a successful manager of Brighton and you will move on to bigger & better things!

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004

London Irish said:
It'll be too late by then - no thanks.

Yes it will, we need to get rid now. See, I knew you'd come round in the end Steve. :)

the full harris said:
Yes it will, we need to get rid now. See, I knew you'd come round in the end Steve. :)

Dream on - the earliest McGhee will go is at the end of his contract, you are just clogging up cyberspace with pointless blathering til then :smokin:

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.

London Irish said:
Swindon are not a League 2 club though, they are like us, someone who should be upper reaches/midtable League 1, so I'm not reading a great deal into that.

It was only gross mismanagement that took them down - a warning to those who think the grass may be greener without McGhee.
So you are confident that McGhee will achieve upper/mid table in Division1?

mona said:
So you are confident that McGhee will achieve upper/mid table in Division1?

Totally confident given our start to the season, yes. We will be tenth with the current squad. Any higher that depends on the board spending the money.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here