Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Give MM credit

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Rougvie said:
The tactics on the park may be dodgy, but McGhee has shown a great deal of skill and determination when dealing with pondlife like Knight, McGammon and CKR's advisors.

Do these silly fuckers really think they are bigger than the football club ?

the fact that they have been and gone and we are supposedly worse for it, possibly suggests they are right.,

Dies Irae said:
the fact that they have been and gone and we are supposedly worse for it, possibly suggests they are right.,

We have made money on Knight and CKR and lost a grand total of £10k on McCammon. So I don't see how we are worse for it.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
London Irish said:
We have made money on Knight and CKR and lost a grand total of £10k on McCammon. So I don't see how we are worse for it.

Thats to much common sense for most on this board :lolol:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Give MM credit

London Irish said:
Sake, that's how it always works - then you look at him and see if he's worth the bother, that's where the judgement comes in.

Don't be stupid! Didn't you know that every other manager in the land spends their whole time watching videos and going to games, constantly researching players. We are literally the only club who is ever offered a player by an outside party.

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.
Les Biehn said:
Despite all the moaning we are about to sell a player to a Prem club. CKR was plucked from Bury when hardly anyone had heard of him and it appears MM must have done his homework as the guy is clearly very talented.
So maybe McGhee should be a scout, and leave managing to someone that knows how to manage.???

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004

Les Biehn said:
I meant in term of fans. I had certainly never heard of him, how many of you had. Whether we were made aware of him or not MM spotted enough talent to sign him, and he was right he is talented. Just a shame the whole thing went tits up.

Get your head out of McGhee's arse because what? Coz I dare to praise him for a decent bit of work? Your right, I am one arse kissing bitch. I have an idea why don't you take your head out of your own arse.

Look, sunshine, I haven't heard of a lot of players but I'm not a football manager! It's not my job to know about some Leyton Orient reserve striker and I'm not anorak enough to want to. Plucking from obscurity is when no one much else in the football world has heard of a player such as Carole (who may have had trials at West Ham etc. but wasn't rated and certainly Leeds wouldn't have been interested were it not for us taking him on). Kazim-Richards was being trailed by several clubs (from the Premiership down). We did well to get him but plucked from obscuirty he was not.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Re: Re: Re: Re: Give MM credit

the full harris said:
Look, sunshine, I haven't heard of a lot of players but I'm not a football manager! It's not my job to know about some Leyton Orient reserve striker and I'm not anorak enough to want to. Plucking from obscurity is when no one much else in the football world has heard of a player such as Carole (who may have had trials at West Ham etc. but wasn't rated and certainly Leeds wouldn't have been interested were it not for us taking him on). Kazim-Richards was being trailed by several clubs (from the Premiership down). We did well to get him but plucked from obscuirty he was not.

Sadly I agree with the above.

Lee Steele is keeping out of the Orient side at the moment and he wasnt seden as good enough while here.

D

Deleted member 2719

Re: Re: Give MM credit

Bakesy said:
So maybe McGhee should be a scout, and leave managing to someone that knows how to manage.???

Dib dib dib dob dob dob.

He wouldn't know a good reef knot if he saw one.

:lolol:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

London Irish said:
Sake, that's how it always works - then you look at him and see if he's worth the bother, that's where the judgement comes in.
That's what I said.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005

the full harris said:

Look, sunshine? This isn't Minder. I never said he was plucked from obscurity, I said hardly anyone had heard of him. Ok so some clubs had, but it was MM that gave him the chance. And look he is now with a Prem club despite acting like a bit of a nobber.

Les Biehn said:
Don't be stupid! Didn't you know that every other manager in the land spends their whole time watching videos and going to games, constantly researching players. We are literally the only club who is ever offered a player by an outside party.

:thumbsup:

Silent Bob said:
That's what I said.

Fair enough, what I was trying to stress was that the management skill comes in the judgement of a tip, not initiating the tip itself.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give MM credit

Les Biehn said:
Look, sunshine? This isn't Minder. I never said he was plucked from obscurity, I said hardly anyone had heard of him. Ok so some clubs had, but it was MM that gave him the chance. And look he is now with a Prem club despite acting like a bit of a nobber.

OK, my gran and her knitting circle hadn't heard of him but most people in football had. Well whoopy doo, what a shrewdie you are Mr. McGhee.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give MM credit

the full harris said:
OK, my gran and her knitting circle hadn't heard of him but most people in football had. Well whoopy doo, what a shrewdie you are Mr. McGhee.

I would say so yeah. Saw a player who had only really been heard of in football circles. Then took a chance with said player because of his talent. Turns out player is very talented. I would say that is pretty shrewd.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Les Biehn said:
Despite all the moaning we are about to sell a player to a Prem club. CKR was plucked from Bury when hardly anyone had heard of him and it appears MM must have done his homework as the guy is clearly very talented. So well done MM, shame it all went to shit but at least you spotted his talent in the first place.

I'd rather he'd spent the coke money on a short term contract for a HouseholdNameAtThisLevel to have kept us in the Championship last season. Cos that gutless relegation cost the club a million quid.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Re: Re: Give MM credit

Tom Hark said:
I'd rather he'd spent the coke money on a short term contract for a HouseholdNameAtThisLevel to have kept us in the Championship last season. Cos that gutless relegation cost the club a million quid.

Very true. What was the point of buying a player who had loads of talent, who might also have kept us up and could be sold on for much more money if only he had the right attitude.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give MM credit

Les Biehn said:
I would say so yeah. Saw a player who had only really been heard of in football circles. Then took a chance with said player because of his talent. Turns out player is very talented. I would say that is pretty shrewd.

Can I ask a question?

Which club football managers do you think are bad at their job, if any?

ooh, and another,

Have you ever wanted a Brighton manager to leave?

cheers
xx

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give MM credit

the full harris said:
Can I ask a question?

Which club football managers do you think are bad at their job, if any?

I don't rate most of them. Why?

the full harris said:
ooh, and another,

Have you ever wanted a Brighton manager to leave?

cheers
xx

I will get a load of shit for this but I didn't really start taking much of an interest in the club properly til about 6 years ago. My whole family are Chelsea supporters and while I used to go to the Albion a lot as a kid It wasn't til I went off to Uni that I realised I had more interest in Brighton. So apart from M Hinsh I didn't want any of the others to leave.

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Give MM credit

Les Biehn said:
I don't rate most of them. Why?

I will get a load of shit for this but I didn't really start taking much of an interest in the club properly til about 6 years ago. My whole family are Chelsea supporters and while I used to go to the Albion a lot as a kid It wasn't til I went off to Uni that I realised I had more interest in Brighton. So apart from M Hinsh I didn't want any of the others to leave.

Fair enough. Just wondered.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here