Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Give MM credit

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Despite all the moaning we are about to sell a player to a Prem club. CKR was plucked from Bury when hardly anyone had heard of him and it appears MM must have done his homework as the guy is clearly very talented. So well done MM, shame it all went to shit but at least you spotted his talent in the first place.

I decline to comment on the actual situation until more facts come out, but I will say it is a shame because he could have been a very good player for us.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
yeah , suppose its another player he's wheeled and dealed for the benifit of the club financially

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
This is more about MM. Thought it was time to add some balance to all the MM's shit threads.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
The tactics on the park may be dodgy, but McGhee has shown a great deal of skill and determination when dealing with pondlife like Knight, McGammon and CKR's advisors.

Do these silly fuckers really think they are bigger than the football club ?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Rougvie said:
The tactics on the park may be dodgy, but McGhee has shown a great deal of skill and determination when dealing with pondlife like Knight, McGammon and CKR's advisors.

Do these silly fuckers really think they are bigger than the football club ?

Unfortuantely they do. I can understand players having ambition and wanting to push on to bigger and better things but when they can't appreciate the learning curve an opportunity like Brighton affords or let their ego get in the way of the team then this is a problem.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Les Biehn said:
Despite all the moaning we are about to sell a player to a Prem club. CKR was plucked from Bury when hardly anyone had heard of him and it appears MM must have done his homework as the guy is clearly very talented. So well done MM, shame it all went to shit but at least you spotted his talent in the first place.
I thought he was reccomended to us by a freelance scout?

So McGhee didn't really "spot" him, but followed up on it.

What seems strange to me about this move is that he turned down a move to the Premiership with Wigan (as well as Leicester and Stoke) to come here for two reasons: Regular football, and to come back south. And now he's gone north to sit in the reserves anyway?

:shrug:

fliddy mcflid

Jul 29, 2006
Dougal said:
yeah , suppose its another player he's wheeled and dealed for the benifit of the club financially

sorry?

we had £250k to spend a year ago, with economic value being that £250k is stronger a year ago than it is today, and then only getting £150k for him today, financial benefit? i think not!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Re: Re: Give MM credit

Silent Bob said:
What seems strange to me about this move is that he turned down a move to the Premiership with Wigan (as well as Leicester and Stoke) to come here for two reasons: Regular football, and to come back south. And now he's gone north to sit in the reserves anyway?

:shrug:
I guess his ego just could not take the fact that he wasn't even getting regular football at a f***ed-up tinpot thrid division outfit like ours. He'll probably feel a lot better about not being able to get in the Shefield Utd team, far easier to excuse that isn't it.

fliddy mcflid said:
sorry?

we had £250k to spend a year ago, with economic value being that £250k is stronger a year ago than it is today, and then only getting £150k for him today, financial benefit? i think not!

The 250 included wages. His transfer fee was only about 100 I think. Which anyway of course we didn't pay, yet we do receive the cash from his onwards sale so yes we do benefit financially. Inflation of 2.5% in a year won't kill us. :)

the full harris

Feb 14, 2004
Les Biehn said:

I decline to comment on the actual situation until more facts come out, but I will say it is a shame because he could have been a very good player for us.

No one had heard of him? How come Wigan and others tried to get him at the same time?

Get your head out of McGhee's arse!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I thought in an interview when we first signed him that DK said that his contacts made him aware about CKR. Much the same as Mcshane and probably Turienzo.

Rough with the smooth and all that...

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
Les Biehn said:

If you look at who we've sold/given away in the past year or so, there is a positive story there - namely, come to Brighton and you'll go on to bigger and better things:

Currie - Ipswich (potential Premiership club at time of sale)
Harding - Leeds
Virgo - Celtic
Jarrett - Watford
CKR - Sheff Utd
Carole - Leeds

1066gull

Les Biehn said:
CKR was plucked from Bury when hardly anyone had heard of him and it appears MM must have done his homework as the guy is clearly very talented.
Very untrue.

This is a quote from the Argus archives:

"This is a very exciting player we have landed in the face of competition from Wigan, Leicester and Stoke. It is a real coup to get him."

http://archive.theargus.co.uk/2005/6/30/101214.html

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield

Jim in the West said:
If you look at who we've sold/given away in the past year or so, there is a positive story there - namely, come to Brighton and you'll go on to bigger and better things:

Currie - Ipswich (potential Premiership club at time of sale)
Harding - Leeds
Virgo - Celtic
Jarrett - Watford
CKR - Sheff Utd
Carole - Leeds

Talking of Albert I see that he got the winner for Watford reserves against West Ham reserves last night - go on Albert

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005

the full harris said:
No one had heard of him? How come Wigan and others tried to get him at the same time?

Get your head out of McGhee's arse!

I meant in term of fans. I had certainly never heard of him, how many of you had. Whether we were made aware of him or not MM spotted enough talent to sign him, and he was right he is talented. Just a shame the whole thing went tits up.

Get your head out of McGhee's arse because what? Coz I dare to praise him for a decent bit of work? Your right, I am one arse kissing bitch. I have an idea why don't you take your head out of your own arse.

Last edited:

Silent Bob said:
I thought he was reccomended to us by a freelance scout?

So McGhee didn't really "spot" him, but followed up on it.
Sake, that's how it always works - then you look at him and see if he's worth the bother, that's where the judgement comes in.

the full harris said:

Well, all the better that we beat a Premiership club surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here