Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Give fraser a contract

Should Tommy Fraser get a new contract ?.

• Yes

Votes: 123 78.3%
  • No

Votes: 34 21.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HP Seagull

Danny Cullip: Hero
Sep 26, 2008
Everyones played ok recently, but he's not good enough as 90% of the season's proved, if we want to go up he's got to go!

Completely wrong. The last two months has been the first time this season when he's played consistently in the team. This coincides with us showing promotion form. He is easily good enough for this division and has been one of the many reasons why we were able to stay up.

Plus he did a 360 Zidane style turn in the first half... FLAIR!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Give him a contract! Slade has shown us that he can do a job. When the time comes, and we can bring in someone better, fine, let him go (and that applies to every other member of our squad) - but right now he's part of our building for next season.

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Deffo contract but certainly not 3 years. Like Loft he's not likely to be an expensive contract and the lad gives everything every time he plays. 12 months and if he's still playing well in December we could tie him to a 2 1/2 from there

Shinbreath

Nov 1, 2008
Hove...
Why we had a player who was gash for 6 months but was voted player of the season based on the last 2 or 3.

What ??????? Are we talking about Whingy here....

As far as TF is concerned, he may not be a Scholes or Gerrard but his work rate has been inspirational to the rest of the team therefore helping to keep us up. He deserves the chance to be in this team and help take us to a higher tier of football that we are currently used to.

He has shown that the quality is there and I believe that RS can bring the best out of him... (Providing that RS will be here for a while to come)

bright1064

Dec 21, 2007
Brighton
Fraser has been a big part of the team who have turned around our season. He certainly deserves a new contract. He was brilliant today ALWAYS closing down and wanting the ball. He rarely gave away the ball, tackled well and was influential in midfield.

I'd give him a contract TONIGHT, and I don't care what anybody says. We need someone like that in midfield.

He also uttered my favourite words of the day when I ran up to him in the centre circle..."Someone get me a JD and coke, PLEASE!"

Flavor Flav

Get those trousers off!
Jul 5, 2008
West Sussex

I'll give you that, awesome move. I think the improvements come from Dicker in the centre though, not Fraser. He has had a few ok games recently but certainly isn't the sort of player you want in your first team when your going for promotion.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No bloody way he is gash for 95% of the season,time to get players who play consistant for most of the season.Just because we have avoided the drop its not time to get soft with gash players.

Own up, you've never actually seen him play have you?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Yes, he deserves a contract, probably a year not three. What he lacks in ability he makes up for in effort and is a terrier when played in his correct position of centre midfield. I also think his passing game has improved, particularly yesterday when I thought he was teriffic. A year will tell us if he is good enough to play at this level consistently.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Tough one, I know he does his best but if we want to progress I think we should let him go.

If we want to do well next season then this summer is the time to be tough and not sentimental. And that means weeding out the rubbish and Russell building a squad that won't have us in a similar position next season.

Then I mock people like you who don't know their arse from a hole in the ground, that it was the core of Brighton players who demanded so much of the loaners, who Russell Slade realized are the backbone of the squad.
Tom Fraser is exactly the kind of player that I'm talking about, and it's a 100% chance we'll be watching him next season.

PLUS he's coming into his own and playing better and better - any team that let go of such a player is cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Completely wrong. The last two months has been the first time this season when he's played consistently in the team. This coincides with us showing promotion form. He is easily good enough for this division and has been one of the many reasons why we were able to stay up.

Too right, and the ZZ move was memorable.
He's Brighton through and through, and integral to our point-winning phoenix-like re-emergence from the depths this last season.

Contract. With bells on.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Then I mock people like you who don't know their arse from a hole in the ground, that it was the core of Brighton players who demanded so much of the loaners, who Russell Slade realized are the backbone of the squad.
Tom Fraser is exactly the kind of player that I'm talking about, and it's a 100% chance we'll be watching him next season.

PLUS he's coming into his own and playing better and better - any team that let go of such a player is cutting off their nose to spite their face.

Have to agree, a 100% committed local lad has PROVED to be better for the Albion team than a plethora of over the hill higher division mercenaries. Skill without commitment is fecking useless for us whereas possibly limited ability with a great attitude works...look who our player of the season was if you need proof of what most Brighton fans want from a player.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Tommy Fraser on the phone in told you eberything you need to know about this youmg Man. He LOVES this club and derseves a 3 year contract imo.

On that basis YOU deserve a contract. And so do I.

I would concede that TF had a good game yesterday, but he is not good enough to be a regular in the side, and as for whoever said he is a future Albion captain :nono:

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
He hasn't formed a decent enough partnership to really shine, but if he finds that i think he has the touch and understanding to be a real little gem. I patted his sweaty back as i fatly ran onto the pitch yesterday and it was an honest pat. I'd bring him back for more and watch him develop with age.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
We've just taken 13 out of 15 points with Loft & Fraser in midfield. They both deserve contracts as they've proved they're able to play in a League 1 winning team
Exactly. Loft and Fraser. They were hardly anybody's dream ticket for the midfield at the start of the season and despite the seemingly dozens of players and hundreds of combinations we've tried the best results have come when these two have played. Remember the best players don't necessarily make the best team and sometimes the whole is greater than the sum of the parts.

The question is: who plays with them next season? Dicker is probably the only other midfielder at the club who's as good as those two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here