Give 3 reasons why we've been relegated

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
manager
players
board

there are lots of other contributory factors, but those three alone make or break the club, this season it broke.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Bwian said:
Is that why Mayo (or was it Gary Hart?) (during the interview after the game yesterday) said that the players prefer away games because they hate Withdean so much?

Of course Withdean is not the reason.....:rolleyes:

that is not what I was getting at.

using Withdean as an excuse why we cant get players is IMHO cobblers, the players I cited above dispel that theory.

Speaking to one of the players a few weeks ago, he said that they prefer playing away because "all players relish the big match atmosphere" If you are playing in front of 30k or 8k then obviously you would prefer the 30k. However they are professional footballers and this is our home for at least the next 5 years odd, therefore they should not feel sorry for themselves, but get on with it.

By MM saying its a dump, then do i take it he is not bothered if we drop out to the conference because that is where this ground belongs, there is no doubt of that?

I am not sure what message MM was trying to send out. LDC/Gvt are not going to speed things up we all know that. Its a smokescreen for our inadequacies.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
1) Magoo's failure to get a squad together, including STRIKERS.

2) Magoo's failure to play players in their correct positions and keep them motivated.

3) Dick Knight's lack of money to finance the club until we get a new ground, and lack of ability to attract new investors.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Tactics or lack of
Goalkeeping errors
LDC's use of pyschology

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Not getting a striker in earlier
Oatway getting injured
Lack of money

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
Main one - Truth of the matter is that as a team we were shit this year - as individuals, most of our team work, we've seen them all play well at one stage or another, but they just hadnt gelled this year - omething that is quite weird as the notion of Albion's "team spirit" is something that has kept this club from te brink of extinction.

Second - McGhee was absolutely inert(!) this year.

Third - We lost vital members of our squad through petty arguments

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Whilst I don't get to as many games as many of the good folks on here, one blindingly obvious thing has struck me at every game I've seen this year. When we get the ball on the grass and start stringing passes together we start to look dangerous, so why the hell do we keep playing hoofball and constantly give away possession to teams that generally seem to have a height advantage in thier defence and are happy to mop up aimless long balls all day. Prior to the arrival of Gifton we were really lightweight up front and won next to nothing in the air, why persist with a style of football tha patently does not suit our front men?

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
The Northstander said:
No Home Ground = No Money

FACT

OH and the team just werent good enough at that level!

that is all

:wave:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
1. McGhee
2. The Players aint good enough
3. Me...I only went to two games all season and we won BOTH....so maybe its my fault :down:

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Marc said:

3. Me...I only went to two games all season and we won BOTH....so maybe its my fault :down:

At last, we know whose fault it is!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
1. Dick Knight as it is the duty of all employers to provide their workers with the materials to do their job efficiently. i.e in MMs case players. How he does it is his problem not the supporters.

2. Mark McGee for his poor management of players, tactics etc.

3. Bob Booker & Dean White as assistants/coaches they did not correct the obvious weaknesses in the players that we had at our disposal nor improve the tactics employed.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BG

1. Within due diligent financial constraints...SSAP 12(?)
2. Agreed
3. I assume MM's autocratic management style covers that.

1. we were not good enough
2. we were not good enough
3. we were not good enough

Simple really

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Shit fans
Shit team
Shit manager
Shit ground
Shit luck
Shit finances

pick the correct three from 6 and you have the answer :clap2: :clap2:

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
Lush said:
NONE of them would have got in Readings side...

The ones that were good enough ARE/WERE playing/managing for Reading.

Brooker
Ingermarsen
Sidwell
Coppell
etc.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here