Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Give 3 reasons why we've been relegated

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Yorkie said:
WE have a manager who has never been relegated out of this division before with any other club he has been at and a Chairman who saved this club.

Because he normally jumps ship when it gets tough

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Yorkie said:
WE have a manager who has never been relegated out of this division before with any other club he has been at and a Chairman who saved this club.

I would not dispute that Yorkie. I was simply expressing my opinion on the three things that have led to our being "relegated this year". Unlike some people, I don't wear my rose-tinted specs all the time.

:wave:

Last edited:

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
1) There were 21 teams better than you.

2) Colin Kazim Richards (didn't need one for the future, needed a targetman).

3) London Irish.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
The Laughing Bluebird said:
1) There were 21 teams better than you.

2) Colin Kazim Richards (didn't need one for the future, needed a targetman).

3) London Irish.

Made me chuckle anyway.

:clap: :lolol: :lolol:

Charles 'Charley' Charles

NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2005
The Mile Of Oaks
Home form

Lack of a vocal leader on the pitch

Inability to take our chances

These are based on facts as I see them for this season, obviously other factors can be taken into account, and the reasons above can be more detailed, but I can't be bothered.

Collar Feeler

No longer feeling collars
Jul 26, 2003
1. McGhee's total tactical ineptitude
2. Dick Knight unable to provide a decent playing budget or secure new investors and having to listen to tired old excuses about the 'Withdean effect' and 'Costs of the Falmer inquiry etc etc...'
3. Shite strikers and panic signings.

Despite all the above, there is no shame in admitting we simply were not good enough for this division and are back at a level where we belong and are likely to do much better.

Last edited:

ManOnTheRun

Jul 7, 2003
West Hove
1) Lack of a Central Midfielder
2) Lack of a Experienced Championship striker/s
3) A fundimentally flawed planning process that allows a few luddites the opportunity to stop a project that will bring many benefits to the wider community.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
1 Dick Knight unable to provide a decent playing budget or secure new investors and having to listen to tired old excuses about the 'Withdean effect' and 'Costs of the Falmer inquiry etc etc...'

2 The management looking at games like Luton and Southampton in the Xmas period and saying they are games that we can afford not to get anything from

3 Strike partnerships not being given more than one game to settle/gel

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
1.Too many teams better than us in the division ( 23 of em really)
2.DK and the board not willing to speculate when we needed to, ie getting GNW was too little too late. This " we couldnt get anyone " doesnt wash with me i am afraid.
3. failing to take the minimal amount of chances we made, meaning that the mistakes the goalkeeper made tended to lead to defeats as we couldnt score.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
1. Lack of a goal-scorer. A striker covers a lot of other short-comings. Other players look better because we are winning and play with more confidence. In a team playing with confidence leaders step forward.

And we had some money for a striker, but we blew it on the Turienzo. This happens in football. At clubs with more money they simply go out and get another one. We have to live with our mistakes.

When we played well and were scoring we were a team that could have survived. Ipswich was a case in point.

2. Withdean.

3. Archer, Stanley et al.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
BUTTERBALL said:
Not good enough.
Not enough money.
Poor stadium (hindered us getting quality players).

like Mcshane?

In fact this Withdean stuff doesnt wash either.

When Coppell was manager, we attracted Sidwell and Ingmarrsen on loan, Hunt would have come but for financial prudence:)rolleyes: ) Wenger was sending us Lipoli until he got injured.....

So withdean is not the reason.

Last edited:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Dick Knights Mum said:
1. Lack of a goal-scorer. A striker covers a lot of other short-comings. Other players look better because we are winning and play with more confidence. In a team playing with confidence leaders step forward.

And we had some money for a striker, but we blew it on the Turienzo. This happens in football. At clubs with more money they simply go out and get another one. We have to live with our mistakes.

When we played well and were scoring we were a team that could have survived. Ipswich was a case in point.

2. Withdean.

3. Archer, Stanley et al.

The above makes no sense whatsoever to the McGhee Out mob....especially the bit about Turienzo.

:clap:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
1. Our personnel are not skilled enough for this division, crosses, passing, mid field attacking are not coherent or in existence..
2. MM isn't good enough to recognise the above point and train it into them in the ball park, its what they get paid to do.
3. There are far too many fans who haven't provided the support when the club needs it the most!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Dies Irae said:

So withdean is not the reason.

Is that why Mayo (or was it Gary Hart?) (during the interview after the game yesterday) said that the players prefer away games because they hate Withdean so much?

Of course Withdean is not the reason.....:rolleyes:

Last edited:

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Bwian said:
Is that why Mayo (or was it Gary Hart?) (during the interview after the game yesterday) said that the players prefer away games because they hate Withdean so much?

Of course Withdean is not the reason.....:rolleyes:

of course its a reason but there ain't nothing we can do about it so if the players are using it for an excuse its a bit lame IMHO!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here