Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Girls at football (yes you, Lush)

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Picture the scene:

It is the second half and the Albion have a throw in on the far side midway into the Leicester half. Jarrett (I think) darts down the line beyond the line of defenders and the ball is thrown his way.

"He's well offside" I hear from the Seagull-ette behind me, seemingly blatantly unaware that YOU CAN'T BE OFFSIDE FROM A THOW-IN.

Imagine my surprise, my shock, my horror and my huge disappointment when I later saw that this was none other than our own Lush.

I thought she was one of us. A blokey sort of bird who likes beer, farting and football. As such it was expected she would know the rules - at least one such as this.

Today, my life is a sadder place. An illusion has been shattered. And shat on too.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
suprised she even noticed what was going on in the match, I would have thought she'd just be looking at the players legs:wave:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
dwayne said:
suprised she even noticed what was going on in the match, I would have thought she'd just be looking at the players legs:wave:

Dwayne, don't judge everybody by your own standards. :lolol:

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
I had an arguement with an Albion fan in the pub a couple of weeks ago who maintained that there's nothing wrong with a keeper picking up the ball when it's been passed to him by a team mate. He was male.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Grendel said:
I had an arguement with an Albion fan in the pub a couple of weeks ago who maintained that there's nothing wrong with a keeper picking up the ball when it's been passed to him by a team mate. He was male.

As long as the player didn't use his leg below the knee then he would be correct.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Bozza said:
Picture the scene:

It is the second half and the Albion have a throw in on the far side midway into the Leicester half. Jarrett (I think) darts down the line beyond the line of defenders and the ball is thrown his way.

"He's well offside" I hear from the Seagull-ette behind me, seemingly blatantly unaware that YOU CAN'T BE OFFSIDE FROM A THOW-IN.

Imagine my surprise, my shock, my horror and my huge disappointment when I later saw that this was none other than our own Lush.

I thought she was one of us. A blokey sort of bird who likes beer, farting and football. As such it was expected she would know the rules - at least one such as this.

Today, my life is a sadder place. An illusion has been shattered. And shat on too.

Lush :

:nono:

Get back to knitting or crochet or whatever it is you women do....
:lolol:

Eddie the Seagull

Jul 6, 2003
Crowborough
I took an ex to her first ever game with her two boys.

I spent the entire game answering questions about the rules & the players, Plus taking the boys to the loo about 20 times & them whingeing that they were bored after about 10 minutes. :angry: & I couldn't swear.

Luckily it was a pre-season friendly V Charlton about 4 years ago. The whole experience cost me over £100 too :angry:

Never again.

I do go with my sister but at least she knows the players better than me.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My Mum is a serious proper fan. Season ticket holder for about 20 years, been to every away ground we've played at in that time, at least once.

She certainly knows the team as well as I do and I would never knock her knowledge of the club.....BUT....

How can anyone really appreciate the skills they are watching if they have never played the game at any level? When someone executes a perfect volley with the outside of their foot, from a ball dropping over their right shoulder, its easy to say "That's a really difficult skill to execute", because you've heard Ally McCoist say so. But if you have never kicked a ball inyour life, how do you really know?

I wait to be flamed, but I am genuinly intruiged.

Girls at football should be treated like cheerleaders and page 3 models, that is, to be seen and not heard.:nono:

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
dwayne said:

Seeing as most of the players are midgets there isnt much leg to look at!

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
hans kraay fan club said:
How can anyone really appreciate the skills they are watching if they have never played the game at any level? When someone executes a perfect volley with the outside of their foot, from a ball dropping over their right shoulder, its easy to say "That's a really difficult skill to execute", because you've heard Ally McCoist say so. But if you have never kicked a ball inyour life, how do you really know?

I have never played rugby - but when I see a superb side-step or disguised pass, or a bone-crunching tackle I can appreciate it.

I barely played cricket - but it is the same there.

I suppose most females watching football won't be imaging themselves out there - but perhaps they do.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dick Knights Mum said:
I have never played rugby - but when I see a superb side-step or disguised pass, or a bone-crunching tackle I can appreciate it.

I barely played cricket - but it is the same there.

I disagree.

When I see someone play a really fine late cut off a decent spinner, I applaud because I know it bloody hard, as I have perished trying it many many times.

Watch the platform diving at the Olympics and its a great spectacle, but you don't really understand why one dive is harder to perform than another, as you've never tried it. I haven't anyway.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Race said:
Seeing as most of the players are midgets there isnt much leg to look at!

Apart from Guy's chunky thighs of course! You want to watch out for all those leg-loving fans - he's the target :)

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
hans kraay fan club said:
Watch the platform diving at the Olympics and its a great spectacle, but you don't really understand why one dive is harder to perform than another, as you've never tried it. I haven't anyway.

But if you watched enough of it you would get an appreciation of it. As a one-off - sure - but the more you watch and the most interest you take - the greater your appreciation. I'd have thought. Maybe not the same as a Club diver (like Andy Johnson) though.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Fookin' hell, can you not make a minor mistake and not have it POSTED ON NSC!!!!!!!!!!!! Did I get Knight and Carole mixed up more than once? Did I wax lyrical about the Golden Wonder stadium?

:blush:

In my defence I would just like to mention that not for a long time have we had a player quick enough to look offside from a throw in.......

And anyway you GIT. Why did you not turn round and say hello?

*burp* *fart*

:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here