Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Girlfriend Probs

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
After 5 years and owning our own flat etc, my girlfriend last night gave me the "I love you but not in that way anymore" and so we are splitting up for xmas and meeting up New Years eve to decide what to do.

I am gutted, any advice how to win her back?

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Hire a blonde for the day and make sure she sees you with her, never fails mate !!!

Italiaseagull

Jul 7, 2003
Sydney
Shit! That f***ing sucks mate. Sorry to hear that. :(

My advice, she loved you because of who you were, if it's meant to be then it'll be ok.

Mean time have another whisky and lap dance.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Lousy timing by her. Why are you meeting New Years Eve to decide what to do? It sounds as though she has already made up her mind.

Don't let her dictate what is happening.

Go out and enjoy yourself. As Richie found out there are plenty of other girls out there and will be better relationships ahead of you.

I know you're gutted at the moment. It will get better, believe me.
If I can recover from a 20 year marriage breaking up for a younger woman then you can get over this. My second husband is the best thing that ever happened to me.

watsongooal

Jul 7, 2003
Chislehurst
We are meeting up New Years eve, just to see if after a week or so apart she feels any differently.

I dont blame her at all whatever time of year it is I dont want he to be unhappy with me.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
I would be very surprised if the answer is any different on New Years Eve.
I know it sounds harsh. She is more likely to want you back if you are enjoying yourself without her.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
Yorkie said:
As Richie found out there are plenty of other girls out there and will be better relationships ahead of you.

Not me I trust?

Horrible news by the way Wat. Hopefully just the time of year and she'll want you back straight after a little time apart. Good luck mate whatever happens.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
No, I meant Richie Morris who had a similar situation two or three months back.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Indeed he did, Where is Old Ritchie have seen him around here for a while !!

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
im sorry to hear it watsongooal - like yorkie said i dont think she would change her mind unfortunately. just dont let her bring you down. you being happy is more important than a partner trust me.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
redland said:
Indeed he did, Where is Old Ritchie have seen him around here for a while !!

There was a thread earlier today about where to buy silver jewellary for his new girlfriend.

Last edited:

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
watsongooal said:
We are meeting up New Years eve, just to see if after a week or so apart she feels any differently.

I dont blame her at all whatever time of year it is I dont want he to be unhappy with me.

i had the same thing happen to me at the same time of year. although in my situation i could hardly contain my delight!

sorry to be flippant there. i agree completely about the timing being unimportant. like anyone ever chooses when to dump someone? a lot of my friends seemed genuinely annoyed for me that it had happened at this time of year. who cares!?

anyway, its a tough time. it'll get better one day. not a lot else to say. keep busy, go out a lot, have some fun:)

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
On a positive note, It is the best time of year to pull a new bird.
Christmas Eve and New Years eve are perfect excuses to ask birds for a dance/drink/shag.
I was dumped by one of my x's on the morning of New Years eve after being together for 2 years.
That night I had tickets for a party for the two of us.
I went anyway, and managed to pull 2 birds!
Used the whole thing as a sob story and it worked a treat!

As they say, its not a problem, but an opportunity!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
the timing never matters as its always a bad time...

I wonder why she doesn't love you like she used to anymore - what is the difference now between when you met and how it is now?? Has something dissapeared - do you do different things now that she doesn't like - or are you still doing the same things?? Did you just get to the comfortable living together stage and have lost the spark??

I suggest giving her a little space - as hard is it if possible try not to contact her - and then when you meet up if she still wants to try then take her out and do something you used to love doing when you first met - or something completely different.... if she says no then I guess thats it and its a no - but its worth a try....

still give her the christmas presents you bought her if you have I'd say...

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Don't think about what it is you can change about yourself or which steps you ought not have taken. There's no going back. So, be yourself with her, the bits you like best, and if she doesn't want you then there's little persuading someone.
In my limited experience, seeming desperate is the quickest way to make up someone's mind against you too. And not just because of the puffy face and the eyes and nose running like the Nile delta.

Just make sure you're happy either way.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
watsongooal said:
After 5 years and owning our own flat etc, my girlfriend last night gave me the "I love you but not in that way anymore" and so we are splitting up for xmas and meeting up New Years eve to decide what to do.

I am gutted, any advice how to win her back?

Have you thought that the reason behind her dumping you might be because you ask on football messageboards advice on how to keep a bird?

Just a thought!

simon swagbag

Jul 8, 2003
Eastbourne
So, you've got to walk around in a state of limbo until NYE when you'll meet up & then SHE'll decide whether to carry on with you.
Sounds like she's dictating the terms to me mate. Perhaps that's the problem, she's turned you into a pushover. It's happened to me in the past.
Bollocks to that mate. You've got to be indifferent. Tell her you've made other plans for NYE & if she wants to meet up it'll have to be another day.
I'm a great believer in the Va Va Voom, as the advert goes. Basically, she don't fancy you no more because you've lost your Va Va Voom, or the phwoar factor, whatever. As soon as you get it back she'll be interested again. Or if she ain't, someone else will be.
Take control. If she don't like it, move on.

sbee

Jul 8, 2003
I agree with tedebear.

Give her the space until NYE...even though this may be a very
difficult thing to do. I've been there and it's tough.

If she then says 'no', then I'm afraid that you may have to
accept it.

Don't raise any hopes......and I know it's difficult but try to
do something to take your mind off it all.

Come to Swindon - footie always takes me away from life's
troubles. Just a suggestion.

Hope it works out for you.

Vinyl Richie

Jul 30, 2003
Polling North Standers
simon swagbag said:
So, you've got to walk around in a state of limbo until NYE when you'll meet up & then SHE'll decide whether to carry on with you.
Sounds like she's dictating the terms to me mate. Perhaps that's the problem, she's turned you into a pushover. It's happened to me in the past.
Bollocks to that mate. You've got to be indifferent. Tell her you've made other plans for NYE & if she wants to meet up it'll have to be another day.
I'm a great believer in the Va Va Voom, as the advert goes. Basically, she don't fancy you no more because you've lost your Va Va Voom, or the phwoar factor, whatever. As soon as you get it back she'll be interested again. Or if she ain't, someone else will be.
Take control. If she don't like it, move on.

amen

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here