Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gigs that make you go DEAF

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
The Clash at Hastings Pier, Echo & the Bunnymen at the Kilburn National and Stiff little Fingers at The Forum all left me with buzzing ears...The sound at The top Rank in the late 70s was crap.. saw many Punk Bands there that left my ears ringing for days

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Early 80s: OMD at the Brighton Centre.

One of the two banks of speakers failed so they ramped up the remaining one - ears rang for days afterwards.

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Slayer at Hammersmith Odeon in 91 was louder than hell. Prodigy and Leftfield at the Brighton Centre has so much bass I struggled to breathe for a few minutes !

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
Saxon at Birmingham Uni in 1983 left me with ringing ears for about a week.

Saw Fastway (Fast Eddie Clark of Motorhead fame) at hammersmith and after three numbers they had sound problems. So when it was fixed they started the gig again and as the first two numbers had quite high pitched guitar and heavy drums that left me deaf for a couple of days.

Echo and the Bunnymen at the Brighton Centre was pretty loud if I recall. Not sure the year but I'm sure the Auditor will remember!!

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Orbital, Oxegen 04

Last concert in Ireland and they knew it. Right up the front, tent dangerously overcrowded, deaf for two days.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here