Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giffgaff

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
My sim is now activated Bez. Got my free credit and i presume you have?

Hi, Yes, if your name begins with S then welcome aboard! I really hope you have the same smooth changeover as I did. Ask any questions you have on the forums over there but if you need a bit of extra help just PM me and I'll see what I can do for you ok?

Free Mobile SIM Cards | giffgaff

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Hi, Yes, if your name begins with S then welcome aboard! I really hope you have the same smooth changeover as I did. Ask any questions you have on the forums over there but if you need a bit of extra help just PM me and I'll see what I can do for you ok?

Free Mobile SIM Cards | giffgaff

Yep that's me "Spencer". Cheers for everything.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
No problems to date. Very happy making the switch over.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
No problems to date. Very happy making the switch over.

Good stuff, by the way. GiffGaff have just paid me £56 quid via paypal, that for getting a few people to join up and for answering the odd post here and there on thier forums since January! £56, that covers all the credit I have used in 6 months (£10 top up per month) It really works so good luck everyone!

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
Hi, just wanted to say I signed up after reading this thread, I clicked on your link superbez and got 5 pounds free credit. I'm about 3 weeks in now and the service has been great, I love the free unlimited internet it's PERFECT for my iphone. I recommend GiffGaff to everyone UP THE SEAGULS

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Hi, just wanted to say I signed up after reading this thread, I clicked on your link superbez and got 5 pounds free credit. I'm about 3 weeks in now and the service has been great, I love the free unlimited internet it's PERFECT for my iphone. I recommend GiffGaff to everyone UP THE SEAGULS

Good to hear mate :):)

logan89

Jan 4, 2007
Brington
Hello, my contract on my iPhone is up for renewal in August and was going to give this a go. Will I need to jailbreak my iPhone or will it work without? I'm on o2 and as it runs on their network I was wondering? Any help would be great.

Logan

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Hello, my contract on my iPhone is up for renewal in August and was going to give this a go. Will I need to jailbreak my iPhone or will it work without? I'm on o2 and as it runs on their network I was wondering? Any help would be great.

Logan

You need to unlock your phone. No jailbreak necessary. O2 will unlock it for free. Details on O2

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham

Logan

My I-phone worked fine once I had a PAC code

Tazman

Jul 5, 2003
Seaford Where else!
Just ordered 2 from Superbezs' link.
The £10 top up is ideal for my kids.

binky

Aug 9, 2005
Hove

Logan

Giffgaff runs on the O2 network. I didn't even need to unlock the phone.
Just put the sim in, and reconfigure the settings for giffgaff rather than o2.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Yes no need to unlock it if on 02 it will work already, no problem!
Really pleased to see others taking advantage of this, it really is a good deal!
Thanks Tazman, you will get free 5 pound credit on both those simcards :)

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Giffgaff runs on the O2 network. I didn't even need to unlock the phone.
Just put the sim in, and reconfigure the settings for giffgaff rather than o2.

1)Insert your giffgaff SIM

2)connect to wifi

3)open safari and go to http://invalid.name/giffgaff (might take a while too load just let it do it's thing)

4) a notification comes up and asks you to accept a profile

5)press install and then Install now to confirm

There you are giffgaff data is now configured on your iPhone.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
1)Insert your giffgaff SIM

2)connect to wifi

3)open safari and go to http://invalid.name/giffgaff (might take a while too load just let it do it's thing)

4) a notification comes up and asks you to accept a profile

5)press install and then Install now to confirm

There you are giffgaff data is now configured on your iPhone.

Doing these steps will automatically change all the wifi/text message settings from 02 or other provider to work with giffgaff, really simple!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Tried Giffgaff for a few days but their customer support in my experience was not that good. Now with Lebara (who use Vodafone) and have been very impressed with both costs and support.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here