Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Giffgaff

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Yup the goody bag expires after 1 month but giffgaff to giffgaff calls remain free, even with no credit! I'm a massive user of the net, a pay as you go iphone rips into credit/data allowance like you wouldn't believe so it's ideal for me. I was paying 10 quid a month with orange for 300 texts and internet was capped to 100mb per month (which was gone in literally seconds on the iphone)
Now I have unlimited texts and internet and 250mins free to anynetwork (plus the free giffgaff calls) it was a no brainer for me

Thats a truely SHIT offer...

My 02 offer, its PAYG and for 10 pounds a month i get 10 pounds credit and unlimited texts or for 15, unlimited texts, 15 pounds credit and 500mb internet. I reckon i could RAPE that internet allowence with an android handset, and given its a tablet it makes it even more likely, and i always run out of credit for calls.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Thank you for trying, maybe just do it twice? I know what you mean about the free calls to the same network, my wife and I can always get in touch, even if we have forgotten to top up! I hope you you are happy when you get connected, if you have any problems or questions just PM me and I'd be more than happy to help ok? :)

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Thats a truely SHIT offer...

My 02 offer, its PAYG and for 10 pounds a month i get 10 pounds credit and unlimited texts or for 15, unlimited texts, 15 pounds credit and 500mb internet. I reckon i could RAPE that internet allowence with an android handset, and given its a tablet it makes it even more likely, and i always run out of credit for calls.

We are talking about the Orange deal here right? In which case I agree entirely

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Thank you for trying, maybe just do it twice? I know what you mean about the free calls to the same network, my wife and I can always get in touch, even if we have forgotten to top up! I hope you you are happy when you get connected, if you have any problems or questions just PM me and I'd be more than happy to help ok? :)
Can i ask how long this new service has been going for and how long the free calls to the same network been going for? These new companies like to suck you in at first and then change there tarrifs once they get going.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Do you know what, I'm not entirely sure when they launched. I have to be honest and say I cant answer those questions, however, now is the perfect time to jump on their forum and ask away! I promise you that you will have answers flying at you, literally within minutes and you will know all you needed to know! Give it a go! (anyone would think I work for this bloody company, I just believe it is a truly amazing concept AND IT WORKS!)

Can i ask how long this new service has been going for and how long the free calls to the same network been going for? These new companies like to suck you in at first and then change there tarrifs once they get going.

They've been going for about 18 months. The only thing they produce is a sim, don't offer phones and only have a few employees because all the customer service and many of the innovative products (micro-sim, apps) are handled by the customers. The offer is very much at the heart of the business model. Since they don't lock you into a contract, there is no way they can suck you in and screw you later.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
They've been going for about 18 months. The only thing they produce is a sim, don't offer phones and only have a few employees because all the customer service and many of the innovative products (micro-sim, apps) are handled by the customers. The offer is very much at the heart of the business model. Since they don't lock you into a contract, there is no way they can suck you in and screw you later.

is the correct answer

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
How do you lot use so much data on your phones? I use my iPhone ALOT and in 9 months, apparently I have only received 1.3Gb of data ?!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
How do you lot use so much data on your phones? I use my iPhone ALOT and in 9 months, apparently I have only received 1.3Gb of data ?!

Might be to do with watching football on it (Champ league, Fa cup, anything on terrestrial TV if I'm not at home) 1.3gb is still a fair amount if you compare it to the 100mb I was getting with orange!

good to see this bounced as missed it originally, will definetly consider signing up to this once my contract with Orange runs out, which is sometime in the next 3-9 months not totally sure when.

The Bear

Dec 21, 2010
This sounds like it's very much suited to my needs. I have an iPhone 3gs paying £35 a month on O2. The contract is up in August and have been thinking about switching to something like O2 simplicity. I never use my msg and call allowances although I do use the net on it a fair bit. I need to be on an O2 based network because it is by far the best coverage where I live, so this sounds perfect.

Only thing is although they are not sucking you in as such and tying you to a contract, I'm sure i can negotiate a better deal with O2 when my contract is up. So canceling it and moving to giffgaff and then giffgaff changing the deal means I would have to pay the original £35 again if I wanted to go back to the same deal I'm on at the minute. So hope this deal does not change.

Other thing is can you only top up online or can you call a number like other PAYG?

Come August I will give it some serious consideration, although may just get the iPhone 4 upgrade and stick with what I'm on.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Might be cheap but it's also nasty. I had a problem five days ago, they advertise that they'll get back to you within 24 hours. I'm still waiting, won't use this any more.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Might be to do with watching football on it (Champ league, Fa cup, anything on terrestrial TV if I'm not at home) 1.3gb is still a fair amount if you compare it to the 100mb I was getting with orange!

I'm aware 1.3gb is "alot" (well its not really) but that is my total use in 9 months, so not a great deal at all.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
This sounds like it's very much suited to my needs. I have an iPhone 3gs paying £35 a month on O2. The contract is up in August and have been thinking about switching to something like O2 simplicity. I never use my msg and call allowances although I do use the net on it a fair bit. I need to be on an O2 based network because it is by far the best coverage where I live, so this sounds perfect.

Only thing is although they are not sucking you in as such and tying you to a contract, I'm sure i can negotiate a better deal with O2 when my contract is up. So canceling it and moving to giffgaff and then giffgaff changing the deal means I would have to pay the original £35 again if I wanted to go back to the same deal I'm on at the minute. So hope this deal does not change.

Other thing is can you only top up online or can you call a number like other PAYG?

Come August I will give it some serious consideration, although may just get the iPhone 4 upgrade and stick with what I'm on.

You can top up online or simply buy an 02 voucher from any shop and use that! You can also top up using the GiffGaff app which is free to download. The deals may change from time to time as on any network but to be honest I can't see them making the deals any worse than they are now. As it's a pay as you go service, they are hardly likely to want customers leaving them to join rivals so if anything they will only improve their deals! Order a sim through the link I provided earlier in the thread and you'll get 5 quids worth of credit when you activate the sim!

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
Might be cheap but it's also nasty. I had a problem five days ago, they advertise that they'll get back to you within 24 hours. I'm still waiting, won't use this any more.

What was the problem? Did you ask on the forums? Myself and 5 friends/family have all had no problems what so ever, obviously problems will arise from time to time, just like on any network but overall there are many many happy customers

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
By the way, will be keeping an eye on this, currently using an iPhone on o2 simplicity (£15 a month.) We will definitely see a few more of these operations popping up over the next few months too

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
What was the problem? Did you ask on the forums? Myself and 5 friends/family have all had no problems what so ever, obviously problems will arise from time to time, just like on any network but overall there are many many happy customers

When I have a simple problem I do not expect to have to fart about getting round it. A simple question should get a straight answer eventually I did get a full refund but I would not recommend GiffGaff as the 'Goody Bags' miss out certain information the 'unlimited free texts' are UK only, pity they don't mention that anywhere.

Max Paper

Sunshiinnnnneeee
Nov 3, 2009
Testicles
When I have a simple problem I do not expect to have to fart about getting round it. A simple question should get a straight answer eventually I did get a full refund but I would not recommend GiffGaff as the 'Goody Bags' miss out certain information the 'unlimited free texts' are UK only, pity they don't mention that anywhere.

This is quite normal? When I was with Orange i couldn't even text my mate in the channel islands from my free texts because it's classed as abroad. Now I'm on GiffGaff I CAN text him. That is an improvement?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here