Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting my eyes Lazered!

tip top

Kandidate
Jun 27, 2007
dunno I'm lost
Next month, can't wait!

Anyone had it? Who did you go with, how much etc?

A friend had it done a couple of weeks ago. Cost her about £1500 I think.

20/20 vision now but suffered for a while.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Had it done in early August

Vision is better than 20/20, I can read the bottom row of letters

Costs varies depening on what you have done (Blade or Laser to slice eye!) and who you go with. Typically between £1k to £2k per eye. Most places offer you interest free.

No pain, but a little uncomfortable for a few days

I'd recommend it, without a doubt

I got it done FREE of charge a couple of years back through Optimax.

Vision still really good although I get really dry eyes in the mornings and have to use eye drops.

All in all WELL worth it though, freedom from specs and contacts is brilliant, especially on holiday on the beach and all that.

GO FOR IT

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
I had mine done a couple of years ago, having worn contact lenses for twenty years. There are different types of surgery. I had to undergo one of the more painful ones, due to the thiness of my cornea. I was in absolute agony for a few hours after the anaesthetic wore off. I then had to stay in bed for a couple days in complete darkness. I took a few more days to recover fully. Despite this, I'm delighted with the results and have no regrets whatsover. At some point in the future I might require reading glasses, as the surgery doesn't stop the process of people tending to become long-sited as they get older.

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
I want to have this done but I am scared.

Got mine done in St Petersburg 5 years ago. Can't remember how much i paid, think it may have been £800 for both. Didn't totally correct my astigmatism - didn't expect them to - but eye sight/health is a lot better than when i wore contacts.

(i did a lot of research first, and a friend of mine had it done by the same surgeon previousl)

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Seriously thinking about it at the moment. Let us know how you get on magoo, as it might help me pluck up the courage to make that call!

Where are you having it done, by the way?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I had my left eye replaced eleven years ago, after my own eye was irreparably damaged in a freak Swingball accident. The eye I was given actually belonged to a criminal counterfeiter from Latvia who was eventually executed for his crimes. I\'m grateful for the eye of course, but I do suffer regularly from disturbing and persistant visions of money laundering and corporate embezzlement. I now refuse to handle any banknotes higher than the value of £20, and the mere sight of a Euro banknote can induce an uncontrollable epileptic fit.

I only wish I;d taken that lazer option, but the Latvian;s eye was only £500. They actually had a 2 for 1 offer on that week as well, but thankfully I just needed the one anyway.

magoo

Jul 8, 2003
United Kingdom
I'm using Optimax as they seem the cheapest and they're doing consultation AND treatment the same day in Brighton now.

How did you get it done for free Lennon??

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
I'm lying in a hospital,
I'm pinned against the bed.
A stethoscope upon my heart,
A hand against my head.
They're peeling off the bandages.
I'm wincing in the light.
The nurse is looking anxious,
And she's quivering in fright...

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
I'm lying in a hospital,
I'm pinned against the bed.
A stethoscope upon my heart,
A hand against my head.
They're peeling off the bandages.
I'm wincing in the light.
The nurse is looking anxious,
And she's quivering in fright...

My arsehole is a tweaking
shits running down my leg
my stomach is in turmoil
theres brown all on the bed
my ringer is a stinging
i dont know what to do
my stomach is contracting
I'm head to toe in poo

I thank you

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Optimax in Croydon in Oct 2002... other than making babies, it's the best thing i've done in my life FACT - cost £1060 back then. 5 years later and vision is perfect

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here