Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gerrard get off the pitch!

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
I can cope with Gerrard making mistakes as long as he's not playing in a position where it hurts us, because he was also involved in the only decent stuff we put together.

What got me the most was the casualness and sloppiness of the passing, 80% of which was done by Gerrard.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
WTF?? Gerrard and Barry were comfortably our best players tonight. Rooney was absolutely inept - he should have been taken off in the second half
This....
Lampard can f*** right off. The worst player tonight by a long way.
.....and this.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Lampard can f*** right off. The worst player tonight by a long way.

I disagree with that. Although he got involved in the attacks at the end of the first half, he basically sat back in the second half, getting the ball and giving it to Gerrard or Rooney to do something with. This was our problem - all our attacks were being funnelled through two players who were off their game.

If we are to improve, Lennon has to get into it more - tonight was very disappointing for him - Rooney has to have more patience and stay higher, Gerrard shouldn't try and get the ball at every single opportunity. We have to attack as more of a unit.

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
It's embarrassing to be English tonight...I haven't seen such a inept performance for years!

Capello should drop Lamps and Heskey, move gerrard to central and have Joe Cole brought in for Lamps.

Shocking:tantrum:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Funny how everybody jumps on the Gerrard's crap bandwagon and ignores the fact that Lampard missed two golden opportunites to score tonight and Rooney has worse control than a blind juggler

Funny how everybody jumps on the Gerrard's crap bandwagon and ignores the fact that Lampard missed two golden opportunites to score tonight and Rooney has worse control than a blind juggler

Thankfully and hopefully I don't think many have jumped on the "Gerrard is crap" bandwagon. Ask for Lampard, :wozza:
Why does Capello insist that he is more important than Gerrard, our captain and a better player all round? Seriously Capello has to either drop Lampard or go 4-5-1 and drop Heskey for J.Cole otherwise there is a massive chance we will be going home next Wednesday.

The Modfather

Dec 13, 2009
Ibiza to the Norfolk Broads
I have been surprised by Gerrard.

What I have seen of him for Liverpool this season has been awful, but I think he has been our best player over the 2 games. Doesn't mean much, I know, as all the performances have been woeful.

Just think he has been the best of a very bad bunch.

What the hell is going on with Joe Cole? This guy will make things happen. Bring him in now Cappello.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
fat frank needs to be dropped for good

my team

hart
johnson
cole
dawson
terry
lennon
gerrard
barry
j.cole
rooney
defoe

Bald Seagull

Sep 24, 2008
I'm sorry am I missing something? Gerrard was totally inept in possession tonight (as in in he couldn't keep it). I am not defending Lampard in any way but to say that Gerrard was one of our best performers tonight is a joke. Barry came out with some credit but that is it....woeful all round and inept tactics to boot

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
One day, an England manager will forget about Lampard and all the other jokers. I'm so sick of hearing how it will be made right soon - it won't. I can'r abide this shit about how England overrates its players - we don't, there's just no effort in playing for England. We have some of the best players in the world but unless they're being paid £160,000 a week they're not interested. f*** them. Play a team of non-Premiership losers. As we know, England has the best professional system in the world, at least we could unite behind people who could actually demonstrate giving a flying f*** over 90 minutes. Forster would have done better tonight.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Amazing what each individual fan sees isn't it? I've knocked Gerrard in the past, but for me he was the only one trying last night

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here