• Poll closed .

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
Can't see the sausage eaters coming back now, too little time

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
That Pirlo fella pulls more strings than a puppeteer!

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Best defensive performance of the tournament so far this has been by the Italians.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Hat's off to the Italians. Thought they were going to be exposed tonight but first half they were class and second half professional job of shutting the game down and should have scored more than two in the end. Germany must be GUTTED

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Good game. The pressing technique of Italy is very effective. They only press in the middle of the park so not as to waste energy. I did not know where their goals were going to come from though. I thought Germany would have trouble scoring as well (as my opening post said).

I don't think Italy, Ballytelly as well, will get past Ramos in the Spanish defence.

Last edited:

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
We're not going to win the world cup but if Roy "dares" to change things around a bit and if Wilshere can get/stay fit things don't look so bad after all.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
We're not going to win the world cup but if Roy "dares" to change things around a bit and if Wilshere can get/stay fit things don't look so bad after all.

Hasn't Roy played the same style of football throughout his whole managerial career? Why is he going to "dare" to change things now?

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
Loving the comeuppance for the arrogant Germans. Thoughts [MENTION=409]Herr Tubthumper[/MENTION]?

Marxo

Aug 7, 2011
Ghent, Belgium
Hasn't Roy played the same style of football throughout his whole managerial career? Why is he going to "dare" to change things now?

Well he's not stupid, he must have learnt something from this tournament, if he hasn't then there isn't any reason to be optimistic and I can't stomach that thought!

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What a great evening.

2 footballing teams with class will be in the final,
and the zzzzzzzzzzzz relentless talking the Germans up came to nothing.

Tonight, skill overcome a team of power and height, and the Khedira/Ozil/Podolsky/Gomez/Klose additions to the arians still could not match the natural flair of Italy or Spain.

Vialli & Klinsmann were class too, before, during & after the games, with insights from playing & coaching. :lol:

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Ah, I see where the Squareheads came unstuck, just been mentioned that De Bild carried the headline " Nothing can stop us now "

I know, nothing like seeing the completely arrogant fall in an Epic FAIL, this was from a German newspaper today

18p2yp.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here