Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Georginio Rutter - singed 19/8/24

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Another Kudus incident would be very crap for us. Especially as O’Riley will know Rutter was our preference if we go back to him having been given the cold shoulder by the Frenchman.

But, I suspect the person who has told us about the release clause has also indicated that their client wants to come here and what sort of package he’d be willing to sign up to. I can’t see another fall at the last fence. The only issue is the likes of West Ham and Chelsea matching the £40m because hey, he must be a good player if we’re after him!

Hopefully, having signed the Frenchman with the German sounding name, we can grab the Frenchman with the Italian sounding name next!

But as we're the only club who met the release clause, Wet Shampoo and Chavsea would need to match whatever Leeds value him at. £50m? £60m?

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Like many others, I don’t get this at all. I hope to be proven wrong, obviously, but I’ve seen him play a few times and never understood the hype. Add that to the fact we’re probably losing someone in order to bring him in… and we have bigger squad gaps that need covering…

It all feels very Chelsea at the moment.
You carry on with your glass half empty feelings. Me? This is the most excited I have been about an upcoming season. My glass is so full that I am almost expecting top 4 and maybe even the title :lolol:

Yes, I am also well aware it could all come crashing down around our ears if FH or the new players are not up to it, but until and unless it does I am BUZZING for this season!

We will certainly be selling or loaning quite a few players out but I don’t see any star players other then WBG, maybe, leaving

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Yeah those stats aren't earth shattering

Not sure if I can see us forking out another £30m in this window unless it's someone remarkable and he doesn't seem to be.

But I know nothing. Wife can attest.

Fact. Don't argue with the wife.

And we spent another £50m since this post on Wieffer and Gruda.

WTF is happening???

So excited.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
From SSN…

“No other club can activate the clause after the deadline expired overnight (12am Thursday), so Rutter will either go to Brighton or stay at Elland Road.”

I bet Tony loved this part of it. Playing his hand at just the right time.
That is just delicious

Red Squirrel

Oct 13, 2022
The Highlands
.so we might/could/possibly be lining up like this in the future?
1723710770795.png

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Pedro, Mitoma, Paqueta, kudus, isak, eze, Toney at risk
The problem with Pedro, Isak and Toney from that list is that Man City only play one striker and, if he's fit, that striker is Haaland. It's why Alvarez left.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
I guess this means Adringra is off, i'd be fine if that happens as I think he's very overrated

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So we are taking a player from a smaller club for a lot of money when that happens to us, which its does frequently, how many will moan then about bigger clubs than us taking our players ?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here