Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Georginio Rutter - singed 19/8/24

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Like many others, I don’t get this at all. I hope to be proven wrong, obviously, but I’ve seen him play a few times and never understood the hype. Add that to the fact we’re probably losing someone in order to bring him in… and we have bigger squad gaps that need covering…

It all feels very Chelsea at the moment.
But we're not like Chelsea.

Presumably something has happened we're not privy too.

Maybe with Evan?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Seen Leeds fans saying what a positive character he has on and off the pitch, how likeable he is and how he's the 'only player left in the team that brings them any joy'.

These stats are pretty nuts.
Great stats apart from the passing !! What's going on there?! Does this mean every other pass goes to the opposition??

Hometownglory

Jan 12, 2014
We have a bloody good side forming. We have brought well. I wonder what RDZ is thinking. Last summer bar Pedro he got bunch of freebies/loans. Nothing in Jan. Always the plan the spend once RDZ left...?

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Great stats apart from the passing !! What's going on there?! Does this mean every other pass goes to the opposition??
Just means he's playing difficult, risky passes with a high potential reward, rather than a sideways or backwards 5 yard pass that always goes to a teammate

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
So we are taking a player from a smaller club for a lot of money when that happens to us, which its does frequently, how many will moan then about bigger clubs than us taking our players ?
A question on this... Did we really moan that much about Bissouma, Mac Allister, Trossard and White? I think that they all generally went to those clubs with the acknowledgement that it's the right move for both parties.

Chelsea is different, and that wasn't because they were a bigger club taking a player, it's because they were taking ALL our players, plus manager, coaches, analysts and backroom staff. Personally, I can both understand our place in the hierarchy AND despise Chelsea

The Grockle

Formally Croydon Seagull
Sep 26, 2008
Dorset
Yeah - I'm wondering whether this could be the case. United were mentioned re : Fergusson the other day and I know they have long admired him. If they make the player and us an offer we couldn't refuse then maybe that's what will happen?
I rate Ferguson and would be sad to see him leave but I don't think we'd struggle without him. Pedro on the other hand is a huge player for us, he'd cost us 60 plus million in today's market.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
We have a bloody good side forming. We have brought well. I wonder what RDZ is thinking. Last summer bar Pedro he got bunch of freebies/loans. Nothing in Jan. Always the plan the spend once RDZ left...?
Not just Joao Pedro - we spent £100m in transfer fees last summer in addition to two expensive free transfers and a ridiculously expensive loan he pushed for. He was backed.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Just means he's playing difficult, risky passes with a high potential reward, rather than a sideways or backwards 5 yard pass that always goes to a teammate
Yes, exactly. His assists, expected assists and progressive passing stats are nuts. We'll have to be prepared to press and win it back a lot though.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Seen Leeds fans saying what a positive character he has on and off the pitch, how likeable he is and how he's the 'only player left in the team that brings them any joy'.

These stats are pretty nuts.
So we are taking away the only Leeds player who "brings their fans any joy"?

That's nasty, spiteful, vindictive and...............

VERY VERY FUNNY!! :lolol:

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
My view is that we struggled last season with just having Ferguson, Welbeck and Pedro as our strikers - O Mahony and Duffus got some minutes at some point - and then of course they were injured leaving us with little choice and depth. Pedro and Rutter are flexible and can play anywhere along the front line and as no.10s to Ferguson and Welbeck. So i'd be surprised if any of that four exited. And it looks like Hurzeler will play a front two.
PS: Ferguson is back in training.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Very high level of progressive passes and progressive carries. Just what we need.

I think Kadioglu is now going nowhere. Surely we can’t spend another £35m?
I now get the feel that this was being spun out on social media/ press to attract a bigger bid from Man U / Arsenal. I know he’s a full back and Rutter a number 8, but I think Hinshelwood can play the Right wing back role.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here