Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Georginio Rutter - singed 19/8/24

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
The stats mentioned here go some way to explaining our bid:

"Rutter has been posting numbers that are the dream for any creative attacker. He tops the chart in the league for Expected Threat (xT) from passes. He also provided the most successful through balls (23) and the second-most successful dribbles (99).

In total, he has created 70 chickens for his team among the top players in the league" 🐔 🍗

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea
Checked with a Leeds mate and he said ‘he’s our 3rd best player. We’ve already sold the best two’. And also ‘he’s either absolutely brilliant or totally sh**e. Nothing in between.’

MJsGhost

Oooh Matron, I'm an
NSC Patron
Jun 26, 2009
East
Realistic Clubs going for the top 10 ?

I’d be surprised…. 2 players a position
Most play systems with one striker (/central forward), so 2 or 3 means sufficient cover.
The blurred boundaries of roles and ability of some players to play different positions complicates things a bit though.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Realistic Clubs going for the top 10 ?

I’d be surprised…. 2 players a position
Arsenal: Martinelli, Jesus, Nketiah
Aston Villa: Watkins, Dhuran, Archer
Chelsea: well they have like 12 right now but they don't really count
Manchester City: Haaland
Manchester United: Rashford, Höjlund, Zirkzee
Newcastle: Isak, Wilson, Osula
Tottenham: Son, Solanke, Werner, Richarlison
West Ham: Antonio, Fullkrug, Ings
Palace: Edouard, Mateta

Teams just don't have five strikers unless something has gone terribly wrong.

The Pilsbury Echo

Dec 30, 2015
This is going to be a looooonnnnngggg day. The beauty about have 6 weeks off is I can forget about work and trying to educate the littlies, the down side is NSC, I can't get anything done this summer, but it's becoming an addiction. Great fun though. Right I'm off to make coffee, feed the dogs, make breakfast, walk the dogs, shower. Don't let Tony spend any more money till I'm back.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

Thanks buddy . Stand corrected

I hope no one leaving though

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
I'm really positive about all our recent signings, but I don't really rate this player. He never looks that consistent or composed. If we get him, I hope I am wrong.
Really curious where we would play him too, he isn't a good finisher so preferably not up front.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
Interesting to wake up to this! Just popped over to WACCOE to check the pulse of the natives and,, unsurprisingly, they are gutted/angry in equal measure. Surprisingly though, there’s no anti Albion sentiment…was expecting a ”why them/tinyclub/teams like Brighton” attitude but none to date. Aside from the digital tears, one poster said that Rutter was heard telling Johnny Howson (another Dirty Leeds player) that he’s off.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard

Is Rutter a striker though? Clips I've seen he's playing in the 10 or deeper. He has more assists than goals, Leeds fans say his shooting is the only bad bit about him.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I'm really positive about all our recent signings, but I don't really rate this player. He never looks that consistent or composed. If we get him, I hope I am wrong.
Really curious where we would play him too, he isn't a good finisher so preferably not up front.
There’s a very complicated algo that counters any of us watching a few games and thinking ‘meh’ :laugh:

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Money is not a problem. Having 20 players fighting for ~4 roles is a bit of a problem though. Something needs to go.
Not really four roles though is it. We'll be wanting to sub on replacements for all four of those positions most games. So that's 8. And then there will be injuries, several aren't available already and amazingly that doesn't include Welbeck. And then if they do well Mitoma, Pedro, Enciso and Ferguson will be in heavy demand, so let's get their replacements when we have the money to do so.

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Is Rutter a striker though? Clips I've seen he's playing in the 10 or deeper. He has more assists than goals, Leeds fans say his shooting is the only bad bit about him.
He's in the Enciso/Joao Pedro sphere, some sort of 10-false 9-hybrid capable of playing in multiple roles.

Safe.

Jun 8, 2008
There’s a very complicated algo that counters any of us watching a few games and thinking ‘meh’ :laugh:
For sure, I trust in the clubs recruitment, just the first time in a long time it's a player that doesn't seem great.
Maybe we even convert him to cm like Newcastle did with joelinton, who knows eh?
Mental transfer window for us nonetheless.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
He's in the Enciso/Joao Pedro sphere, some sort of 10-false 9-hybrid capable of playing in multiple roles.
Looking at those YouTube tactics videos it seems that Hurzeler plays with three CBs, one of whom doubles as the defensive midfielder, and everyone else is camped around the oppositions box, so guess we need a shed load of those kind of players :p

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Looking at those YouTube tactics videos it seems that Hurzeler plays with three CBs, one of whom doubles as the defensive midfielder, and everyone else is camped around the oppositions box, so guess we need a shed load of those kind of players :p
The way we were pressing in pre-season, he’ll need a full complement of versatile subs every game

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Not really four roles though is it. We'll be wanting to sub on replacements for all four of those positions most games. So that's 8. And then there will be injuries, several aren't available already and amazingly that doesn't include Welbeck. And then if they do well Mitoma, Pedro, Enciso and Ferguson will be in heavy demand, so let's get their replacements when we have the money to do so.
Well.. like it or not, players will leave. Every team wants to make five subs per game, every team will have injuries. But no one needs or wants 35 players in the squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here