Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Geoff Hurst has got a nerve

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Re: Beckham

Hurst has been saying such unprofessionalism, cheating and decption was not around in his day...

COBBLERS!

How he can live with the fact that his colleagues swore blind that THAT goal was over the line, when it clearly wasn't...yet make comments like the above stinbks of hypocrisy.

It's ALWAYS been around - Beckham was just daft enough to admit it.

Carlton Palmer said he missed Boxing day fixtures years and years in a row as he deliberately got himself injured or suspended 2 weeks before...

fatboy

Jul 5, 2003
Falmer
Geoff Hurst didn't come out publicly and say: "I've got a lot more brains than you think, I knew that goal wasn't across the line but I made out it was anyway and the ref fell for it."

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Agreed. Hurst is becoming increasingly tedious, and is only ever listened to because Alf Ramsay unbelievably picked him ahead of Greaves in the World Cup final and he then had a good game. Think Sven playing hattrick hero Heskey instead of Rooney for the 2006 WC Final and you're getting close.

And anyway, all this 1966 is very tedious. I wish the 1966 winners would have some humility and realise that in their day, winning the World Cup was about 20 times easier than it is now. The achievement in those days was only marginally better than the Rugby World Cup winners last year and I bet we don't have to put up with hearing various degrees of utter bullshit from Johnny Wilkinson in about 40 years time.

Albion Rob

Ha, ha, imagine that, Rooney getting injured and Heskey replacing him and getting a hat rick. We'd have to listen to him every time for the next 40 years while secretly knowing he wasn't any ise whatsoever apart from a couple of games. :lolol: :lolol:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Albion Rob said:
Ha, ha, imagine that, Rooney getting injured and Heskey replacing him and getting a hat rick. We'd have to listen to him every time for the next 40 years while secretly knowing he wasn't any ise whatsoever apart from a couple of games. :lolol: :lolol:
No need to imagine it. Just look at Geoff Hurst and think Heskey.

Sonic The Hedgehog

Oi Lino You're A Disgrace
Jul 7, 2003
Wetherspoons, Fareham
In Geoff Hurst's day it was almost impossible to get booked at all.

Hacking a bloke down at neck height and then kicking him in the goolies with your steel toe capped boots was usually worth a ticking off from the ref at best.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I'm glad others feel this way. Good game Geoff but stop going ON AND ON about it and feeling you have the right to say Beckham shamed the nation. Jesus.

like the Heskey analogy though:lolol:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
FINALLY someone has said it. Simster, I doff my cap.

I always find myself being a little embarrassed for the likes of Geoff Hurst, Alan Ball etc at the way they constantly hark back to 1966. Yes it was a proud achievement , but the fact that England STILL have to refer back that far to hold up as our last achievement in International football is actually a national embarrassment for us.

Yes Sir Geoff, we KNOW you are a World Cup winner. Yes Sir Geoff, we KNOW you scored a hattrick. But can you just f*** off now, cos you've got no personality and we're all bored with you living off a meal ticket you earned nearly 40 years ago.

Ex Shelton Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Block G, Row F, Seat 175
I was waiting for some old footballer to slate Beckham with the old "it never happened in my day" chestnut. Up steps Geoff "did you know I scored 3 goals in the World Cup final?" Hurst, the epitome of the tired old pro who gives out a few quotes for the media.

It does cheese me off a little when old footballers come out with "we never cheated back in the fifties and sixties, we always played fair and never, ever, ever did anything nasty." Then they look back and chuckle about breaking peoples legs and getting pissed up all the time. If cheating never happened in your day Geoff how come 3 players ended up going to prison for match fixing in the 60's? How does throwing games fit in with the "we only played for the love of the game" myth thats always put about by rent-a-quotes like yourself?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He's made a good living out of the game from past glories like Paul " did you know I once scored a hattrick in the premiership ? Kitson ".

Can you believe Beckham's stupidity ?, he's not normally that honest about his indiscretions is he Victoria ?.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Simster said:
I wish the 1966 winners would have some humility and realise that in their day, winning the World Cup was about 20 times easier than it is now.

Complete bollocks.
You're seriously saying that when Turkey and South Korea got to the semi finals? Give me a break.

Now, as for the European Championship, that's tougher to win due to the number of European teams taking part. So in theory it's harder to win than the World Cup. Then who goes and wins? Greece, who have achieved nothing previously.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
And this is with all due respect to Turkey and South Korea, who only made it because they had an easy draw.

I won't even mention the fact South Korea had an easy ride AND were hosting the World Cup as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here