Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Geoff Hurst has got a nerve

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Downloaded Penguin said:
Complete bollocks.
You're seriously saying that when Turkey and South Korea got to the semi finals? Give me a break.

Hurst was the better player which was why he was played.
He got a hat trick in the World Cup final for goodness sake.

I am sick of youngsters trying to demean an achievement by saying it wasn't as hard as now.

The players didn't 'claim' the ball was over the line. There wasn't the over reaction like there is nowadays.
Admittedly the game was a lot more physical and it was harder to get booked then (and I think the game was more exciting for that)

Beckham isn't renowned for his brains and commonsense is he?

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
Yorkie said:
Hurst was the better player which was why he was played.
He got a hat trick in the World Cup final for goodness sake.

I am sick of youngsters trying to demean an achievement by saying it wasn't as hard as now.

The players didn't 'claim' the ball was over the line. There wasn't the over reaction like there is nowadays.

1. Never in a million years was Hurst a better player than Greaves. Ramsay only picked Hurst because Greaves was injured for the semi and he didn't want to change a winning team.

2. I would never demean my nation winning ANYTHING, so please don't patronise my age.

3. I think you'd best go watch the video and see all those players that didn't run after the ref & lino (sarcastic) - Gordon Banks and Geoff Hurst were probably the only ones that didn't. Roger Hunt to this day says it went a yard over the line - should have gone to specsavers!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here